• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Test ran the 5ive again; cogging still occurs once warm so dropping 1t on the pinion and trying again when the rain stops.

Ran the newly built holiday buggy on a 10t,60a 2s, set up....wheelied like crazy, flipped, damaged the steering and took a roof light out. Oops. All fixed now.

popped in a new tx rx combo, added the better ftx shocks (which are a bit bigger than stock) and replaced the 8.5t and esc to the etronixs photon and 9R motor with a 19T pinion to my Vantage. see how it goes tomorrow

then for my df02 added a hpi warp motor, just need to add the ESC, probably will try a hobbyking car-45A running a 17T pinion, replaced front shocks

still trying to figure out whats going on with my merv, grrrrrrrr

may even give the mini z a whirl in a bit......phew what a day  :thumbsup:

Test ran the 5ive again; cogging still occurs once warm so dropping 1t on the pinion and trying again when the rain stops.

Ran the newly built holiday buggy on a 10t,60a 2s, set up....wheelied like crazy, flipped, damaged the steering and took a roof light out. Oops. All fixed now.

What's the holiday buggy Jon? :)

Peeled and started adding the buckets and stickers :) The colour looks even better without the film

Plate is a little wonky I know

9153901785_ed9de84d67_c.jpg

9153901717_33ec543da5_c.jpg

Side shot #1

9156125034_b492358949_c.jpg

Side shot #2. Still not 100% sold on the vinyl. Maybe on a white shell...

9153901543_9d64026164_c.jpg

• Like 2

Looks really nice mate.

I always loved that part - peeling off the film!

Al.

Agreed. The colour looked superb when it was being peeled. I actually think I have found my enjoyment in spraying and seeing the results. Masks, not so much... 

Zombie zilla looks great :D

Zombie Zilla might be going bye bye. I am so torn in the look. Im thinking the decal design would look better on a lighter colour and on a different body...real tough choice!

It looks fine on blue, i think its because you might be used to seeing it on a white jap s14 shell or mazda mx5 lol 

porsche shell, questionable but the colour is fine!

Think you have got it in one! Ill leave it for now :) If it bothers me that much, it can come off.

Had a crack at painting a new shell. It's a bit ****, but will do until I break it. Quite pleased and learned lots about painting them. Will try liquid mask next time...

ehejd0.jpg

2hx1so.jpg

Starsky and Hutch stylie?