• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

wow new wheels make a hell of a difference :good:

Yes definitely prefer those wheels 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

I have the original blackout which was when they first came out maybe they were made differently, that being said when i broke them i bought replacements direct from Himoto and maybe they are different, i also got all my gears from there too and so far they have stood up very well. I always thought my gears were machined parts, who knows. 1 thing is for sure its nice to see someone doing mods to 1

You might be lucky and have the machined gears, do they have holes around the centres? 

Like mv24155

download.jpeg.7fbba9e7592dc007dbca846e865a423b.jpeg

Or mv24156

mv24156_mv24156_01p_800_600.jpg.7de4395ee1a287ecb2935b52797c2f86.jpg

Both super rare, expensive, and hard to find, somewhere between hens teeth and rocking horse ****.  Highest chance of buying some is importing from Australia it seems.

The 'common' type, which are solid gears, are the compressed powdered metal.  They are strong but not as strong as the ones above.

I'm going to run the gears I have until they break, then going to try to convert to either belt or chain drive.

I found some parts which should fit with a bit of fettling.  I forget the price but I think it came to £30 ish for the belt parts and a little bit more for the chain parts.

Edited by JonnyUK

I am sure they have the holes in them, i have the high speed gears in mine, i also changed the gearing in the centre drive to higher speed ones too, i see what you mean by scarce, i just had a look on my goto website for spares and there is none!

• Like 1

Also did this today.

Drilled and tapped for grub screws, added flats to layshaft. 

IMG_20240131_135318051.thumb.jpg.378c1382b88620e77e8dcd1ffcf6564b.jpg

IMG_20240131_175845522_HDR.thumb.jpg.138386b08a7f9ea1728ab6e580a9c508.jpg

IMG_20240131_181337275_HDR.thumb.jpg.ab936a62eccd38299096033d9b940267.jpg

To stop the risk of the square thingy ever spinning on the shaft instead of rotating the bearings.

Saw someone mention it on youtube, his cure though was to glue the square onto the shaft...

Have had a good weekend of rc this week. Took my Arrma 4s outcast v2.5 out with higher pinion gear and learned how to backflip it without totally destroying it 😅. Tough rigs.

Put some brass on my fcx24 to lower the CG considerably.

Took my WR8 out this morning for the first time and it was a blast. Wet ground meant it was really difficult to stop it spinning out at higher speed but what a car!

Edited by Rorys Breaker
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rorys Breaker said:

Have had a good weekend of rc this week. Took my Arrma 4s outcast v2.5 out with higher pinion gear and learned how to backflip it without totally destroying it 😅. Tough rigs.

Put some brass on my fcx24 to lower the CG considerably.

Took my WR8 out this morning for the first time and it was a blast. Wet ground meant it was really difficult to stop it spinning out at higher speed but what a car!

Those hpi wr8's are amazing cars. I keep regretting selling mine. 

• Like 3

I received a Top Force Evo yesterday but was too bust to open it. It was brand new but built up for a very good price. Thankfully, its all there in perfect condition! 

Truth be told Im not getting on very well with 2WD, especially my BBX, however, I've not even used my Astute 2022 so Im not going to moan about that yet, but the idea was to buy a Top Force Evo and take the electroncis out of the BBX or Astute and use the 4WD Top Force. Unfortunately, Ive fallen into Tamiya's trap. Theyre too nice to use! With my Traxxas models, I couldnt wait to get them dirty, its different with Tamiya. Hmmmm. The Top Force is no different, its beautiful, so god knows whats going to happen.

Anyway

9WIzwFM.jpeg

Its a very handsome RC IMO

vdUvIuE.jpeg

Carbon Goodness!

U9ElGD7.jpeg

The Holy Trinity of ReRe's. I really need to build the Avante dont I?

Hy0Jnmc.jpeg

My Tamiya Off Roaders.

6tHIsSR.jpeg

sI3QzZ6.jpeg

So what's next? This might shock you, but Ive decided after around a year of working REALLY hard and re buying lots of Tamiya's....... Ive got too many, so this weekend Im hopefully going to put 5-10 up for sale........ I need the space truthfully 😞 However, Its also going to allow me to HOPEFULLY pick up 1 or 2 new R/Cs, but everything I want now is too rare or expensive to justify a 1 in 1 out policy. Its going to be more like a 5 out 1 in policy.......

'

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I received a Top Force Evo yesterday but was too bust to open it. It was brand new but built up for a very good price. Thankfully, its all there in perfect condition! 

Truth be told Im not getting on very well with 2WD, especially my BBX, however, I've not even used my Astute 2022 so Im not going to moan about that yet, but the idea was to buy a Top Force Evo and take the electroncis out of the BBX or Astute and use the 4WD Top Force. Unfortunately, Ive fallen into Tamiya's trap. Theyre too nice to use! With my Traxxas models, I couldnt wait to get them dirty, its different with Tamiya. Hmmmm. The Top Force is no different, its beautiful, so god knows whats going to happen.

Anyway

9WIzwFM.jpeg

Its a very handsome RC IMO

vdUvIuE.jpeg

Carbon Goodness!

U9ElGD7.jpeg

The Holy Trinity of ReRe's. I really need to build the Avante dont I?

Hy0Jnmc.jpeg

My Tamiya Off Roaders.

6tHIsSR.jpeg

sI3QzZ6.jpeg

So what's next? This might shock you, but Ive decided after around a year of working REALLY hard and re buying lots of Tamiya's....... Ive got too many, so this weekend Im hopefully going to put 5-10 up for sale........ I need the space truthfully 😞 However, Its also going to allow me to HOPEFULLY pick up 1 or 2 new R/Cs, but everything I want now is too rare or expensive to justify a 1 in 1 out policy. Its going to be more like a 5 out 1 in policy.......

'

I really do feel for you regards the too many rc`s, im overflowing and keep thinking i need to cull some, wife has said i should sell her brushless outlaw as she prefers crawlers now, i keep looking at listing the Blitzer beetle, but though i seldom if ever use it i really like it, the highly modified Rock buggy is not being used and now im wanting a Cross-rc lorry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

They are not proper bashers, keep them as shelfers, you have other suitable bashers. and you get the enjoyment from them by either building or looking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, steephill said:

IMG_20240210_121541 IMG_20240210_121602

Done a bit more to my hard body build. 

Had the body for a while and have struggled to get it to fit to any of my trucks without chopping a load of the floor pan off. 

Had to get a front mounted gearbox with divorce transfer case. 

It's a bit of a leftover, parts bin bits sorta build. Had to use an Lcg rig as a donor and buy the gearbox. 

Is that the injora gearbox and transfer?

Looks like your steering servo is axle mounted, does it hit the motor?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rustic Ade said:

Is that the injora gearbox and transfer?

Looks like your steering servo is axle mounted, does it hit the motor?

Great observation skills🤣 it's the injora gearbox. And yes  the axle mounted servo will hit the motor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1