• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

4 hours ago, totlxtc said:

Very envious! The MT10 does look a lot of fun!!!

It is mate 🙂 

3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

The MT10 seems a decent truck and cool you had fun with it :good:

Does it come with the dustcover or is that an extra ?

Cheers mate :good: Yeah it comes with the dustcover included

• Like 3

@Stormbringer Thanks man  :good:  It's starting to grow on me too.

Still might order the V1 shell as well but so far i've only found it for £52 on Wheelspin models. Little bit pricey.

EDIT:  You can get a clear shell for £42 on Modelsport, so that's another option. I've not painted an RC body before so could give that a go 🙂

Edited by James.S
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

You’ll need to spend more than a tenner on paint so if you like the colour scheme of the £52 one that’s probably the cheaper option.

But I’d go for painting your own shell. It can be very satisfying and makes your car that bit more individual. 

Yeah that's a good point mate, and I do like the original design of the pre-painted one. I have quite a few spray cans in the garage but it's possibly not suitable for RC shells, i'm not sure.

Yeah that was basically my thinking too. Could have a look online for inspiration and go with a colour scheme that takes my fancy. Cheers Freddy 👍

• Like 3

On 18/02/2023 at 13:44, Kpowell911 said:

Upgraded the XRT Servo

5aCO0ia.jpg

Got my 25kg servo on your recommendation, just waiting for servo tape to fit the new Flysky receiver into car before I wrestle in the servo.

6 minutes ago, Frogeyeddog_95 said:

Saw this on your Instagram. Looks great! 

is it styled on an old racing livery, or just personal choice? 

It’s an old racing livery for Porsche

DB596037-011D-4CD7-A0EE-67C8C0B5193B.jpeg

• Like 3

On 07/03/2023 at 18:57, Alex97 said:

Fitted the injora brass links plus I replaced all of the bushings with bearings. 

I've still got one or two more items to arrive this week so I'm not fully putting everything back together, I've also replaced all the screws with cap head ones, I've read that the traxxas bolts are know for stripping. 

20230307_185411.jpg

Bearings are old school, bushes are back in fashion again, and in a crawler it makes so much sense if you go near water, i have just built my new coyote 2.1 kit with oil bushes and the wifes coyote rtr is gettingthem on next rebuild

• Like 1