• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

12 hours ago, turok007 said:

That ESC makes the car look small

I'll tell you it took some proper head scratching to get that to fit in there. :lol: 

Worth it though as it gave good results straight away with that ESC & motor combo compared to my old set up (Castle 2650KV & Castle MM2 ESC). :good:

• Like 2

On 15/10/2021 at 20:02, Yrkoon said:

had the first shot of the  losi mini b with its brushless set up and it goes awesome, i got dad to take a vid of it before it got dark 🙂

really impressed with the way it handles under the extra power.

Wowwwwww, excellent.

• Thanks 1

Carnage for me today. Thought I run out of fuel at first as it was a few drops from empty so fill it up tried to start it then it felt like it just locked up. Nowt happening for me today anymore. Anyway I have just stripped the engine down and thought to myself "oh bugger". 😅 I'm stuck now as what to do as these engines are like rocking horse do do.

20211025-170531.jpg

Edited by Mack1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Mack1 said:

Carnage for me today. Thought I run out of fuel at first as it was a few drops from empty so fill it up tried to start it then it felt like it just locked up. Nowt happening for me today anymore. Anyway I have just stripped the engine down and thought to myself "oh bugger". 😅 I'm stuck now as what to do as these engines are like rocking horse do do.

20211025-170531.jpg

Oooohhh my god.

• Like 1

Experimented, 25T with a 45T made my sensored motor cog, well hit current limit ESC side I'm assuming, I use a 120C lipo...it felt like someone had put an Etronix ESC in it, it was weird, power would sometimes come in really aggressively, sometimes very calmly, it was a mess to drive. If I gave more than 20-30% throttle from a stand still, the ESC would limit power, almost felt like one of those traction control systems from a late 90s vauxhall...

I dropped to a 23T pinion and that has restored normality, no more hitting current limits/cogging. It's crazy how brutal the acceleration still is with this gearing - I'd happily bash with the current gearing/voltage if this was more durable like a Hyper 7...

IMG_20211026_161842__01.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bert_w164 said:

Experimented, 25T with a 45T made my sensored motor cog, well hit current limit ESC side I'm assuming, I use a 120C lipo...it felt like someone had put an Etronix ESC in it, it was weird, power would sometimes come in really aggressively, sometimes very calmly, it was a mess to drive. If I gave more than 20-30% throttle from a stand still, the ESC would limit power, almost felt like one of those traction control systems from a late 90s vauxhall...

I dropped to a 23T pinion and that has restored normality, no more hitting current limits/cogging. It's crazy how brutal the acceleration still is with this gearing - I'd happily bash with the current gearing/voltage if this was more durable like a Hyper 7...

IMG_20211026_161842__01.jpg

What esc and motor?

1 minute ago, Redback said:

What esc and motor?

Hobbywing XR8 Plus 

Surpass Rocket Taurus 4274 2200kv Sensored 

I know I was taking the mick with the setup, I do have, or well had until it got sent to a friend earlier today, a castle 1515 2200kv but I want to run sensored as I prefer it. 

Hobbywing XR8 Plus 

Surpass Rocket Taurus 4274 2200kv Sensored 

I know I was taking the mick with the setup, I do have, or well had until it got sent to a friend earlier today, a castle 1515 2200kv but I want to run sensored as I prefer it. 

Dunno my max 8 motor does just dandy unsensored, but it is paired with a monster esc.

239936010_3049426022048502_1201358354318847450_n.thumb.jpg.00f73fd759b49747a762a5fcd15e08f4.jpg

Should work, cant account for the bog down, have you got an extra cap pack to prevent voltage sag/ripple?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redback said:

Dunno my max 8 motor does just dandy unsensored, but it is paired with a monster esc.

239936010_3049426022048502_1201358354318847450_n.thumb.jpg.00f73fd759b49747a762a5fcd15e08f4.jpg

Should work, cant account for the bog down, have you got an extra cap pack to prevent voltage sag/ripple?

Nope, do you/should I? Convince me spider guy 🤪

Yeah I'm surprised by the results, it didn't do that on first run with GRPs but then I went to thicker profile and all hell broke loose so I thought it may be current draw limitations. 

I may try it again and pull the sensor wire and see if that alleviates it. What size is your spur and pinion dude?

ESC - that might be the limiting factor, will have to test it again at some point, I do love the metrics the MMX provides but it would totally be a vanity based purchase so I'm refraining. 

Edited by Bert_w164

Nope, do you/should I? Convince me spider guy 🤪

Yeah I'm surprised by the results, it didn't do that on first run with GRPs but then I went to thicker profile and all hell broke loose so I thought it may be current draw limitations. 

I may try it again and pull the sensor wire and see if that alleviates it. What size is your spur and pinion dude?

thats 22-32 but ideally running 34-32 is the point of the small 32t spur as its for speed running.
afaik at top end sensored is less efficent are you running hybrid or fully sensored on the xr8?

10 minutes ago, Redback said:

thats 22-32 but ideally running 34-32 is the point of the small 32t spur as its for speed running.
afaik at top end sensored is less efficent are you running hybrid or fully sensored on the xr8?

I went full sensored as it just seemed to run better/more aggressively/turbo timing (as gimmicky as it is) I like...

Thing is I know if I slapped that 1515 in, went for a fixed spool or even heavier on center diff I'd get some nice numbers, but what I really want to achieve is versatility, something that can race, go fast in a straight line, do some bashing so I'm staying away from monumental changes. E.g for when I want to track run it's a case of change oils and pinion, redo geometry and happy days. 

Right now on 6S, anyone I've handed it to has had no issues controlling it and I love that about it. 

I mean if I really wanted to go fast I'd buy that pretty little Limitless of yours which I won't lie keeps tempting me 😂 but tbh if I bought it I reckon the Mrs would throw it out.  Someone please buy it...

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 2