• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

20 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

Technically all I've done today is set the toe and camber on the wheels but over the last few days I've turned this pile of bits into this not quite finished truggy.

FE7C2923-B17A-40EC-B775-5573B349E6AE.thumb.jpeg.355e449b43e643d55668655bbd6a5ab8.jpeg

FA996F4C-85C0-4F6D-9A4A-5F3A0619CDC1.thumb.jpeg.82e3f4568141a6f3d2fcf900c3f375d6.jpeg

I still need to paint the shell and sort out some issues with the connectors on the ESC but think I'll have to wait until I get back from holiday next week before I can take it any further now. 

Looking good man 👍

• Thanks 1

Swore at it a bit as my new cheap bead locks got stuck on the hex on 1 wheel!  Tried oil, heat and swearing at it but in the end I had to hacksaw it off!  Luckily the 3 piece design made that part easy but now I am wishing I did go for the Treal set that I liked at first.  Something about buying cheap and buying twice grr!

Got different colour ones on my TRX4 which seem to be fine so not sure if there is something odd about a Capra hex which made it weld itself on!?  I have since taken them off those and applied some grease just to make sure!

This RC hobby really is a money pit 🤣

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

does it drill faster on 3s lol :rofl:

It actually does. The original battery was weak sauce and would last for like 30 mins. An hour of use with my 3S at half charge and it's still going strong 😁

• Haha 1

Had fun blasting it in the woods!  Really like it now as the Jumpshot had a wobbly start with a loose motor mount and spur, rubbish tyres and should have come with the wheelie bar!  

Was almost thinking of moving it on since I didn't really gel with it but it will definitely stay in the collection now.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

My 3S lipo powered drill with XT90:

IMG-20210716-WA0053.thumb.jpg.76f6b397a4e898c076e4cef52bca3ea3.jpg

Quality mod, that. Looks professional, and no expense spared; the duct tape is a nice touch!

• Haha 1

Not really doing anything to the models, though i did make a power set up to run LED light bar from 18650 battery, was gonna give the vantage a final speed run but its just way to hot to be playing  so i guess i will be selling it and bits with out seeing 70mph , having been rc flying this morning, im baked.

Need to get 2 or 3 rc cars sold make some room, sticking to trail and crawler cars from now on, no time or place for bashers and not enough appeal to warrant keeping the ones i have 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

It's good you've found your niche, I too have ended up with models that I soon realized I don't actually have much affinity to. 

I came into this hobby thinking all I wanted is speed...and that's changing quickly. Live and learn eh? 

Just out of interest, have you owned a Hobao buggy, e.g. a Hyper 7/VSE etc? I constantly find the versatility of the Hypers continue to impress me. It's amazing how you can set them up to do almost anything! 

No not tried the Hobao buggy but it will be good, but dont see me getting one

• Like 2

Just now, Jack Reacher said:

No not tried the Hobao buggy but it will be good, but dont see me getting one

Shame you're not closer to me or I'd gladly let you try mine. There is something magic about them, if you know someone with one, just try one out mate and see how you feel 👍🏽

• Like 2