• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

3 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

Made some adaptors so I can connect a Deans connector battery all the way back around to a Deans connector 🤪

1BF6E29B-8D94-47E9-8BBF-405E7099F592.jpeg

Lol  nuts   lol 

8 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

…and now we wait for the motor mount to arrive…

FCF8A93F-CF57-4C8E-95A2-B22596416E00.jpeg

Do you have a battery tray fo it? That could be installed now. The standard one doubles up as a fixing point for your ESC too:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/372372?gclid=Cj0KCQjwraqHBhDsARIsAKuGZeGLbSmQa2OSnnjUiVZl-uek61fKIganeCpsHlUGj32L7Qly1BcQBLAaAnvkEALw_wcB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ant.p said:

Do you have a battery tray fo it? That could be installed now. The standard one doubles up as a fixing point for your ESC too:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/372372?gclid=Cj0KCQjwraqHBhDsARIsAKuGZeGLbSmQa2OSnnjUiVZl-uek61fKIganeCpsHlUGj32L7Qly1BcQBLAaAnvkEALw_wcB

Yes, I have that one 👍

It was getting too late for drilling and dremeling last night though

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

I would cut the 2nd part of the servo mount deck off just beyond the mounting screw in between the servo spaces

Just haven’t got around to it yet, after midnight is not the time to start drilling and cutting 😂🤣

• Haha 1

On 10/07/2021 at 14:22, Strugglecuddle7 said:

Looking forward to the video!

Check the msuk video section amigo...I link all my vids there..👍

Whilst I'm here....did a run in the rain again today.....ripped the rear bed cover off on a roided up bramble bush too ...which was an unpleasant surprise 🤣

Rc

Rc

Rc

• Like 2

The other day I received through the post an aluminium servo horn that I thought I'd have a go at fitting to my Lunchbox steering servo because I think the standard set-up is a little woolly because of the servo saver. I also used some suitably sized m3 threaded rod that I had to measure and cut to suit the new horn to steering arm length.

After a little fettling I fitted two brass ball head connectors to the new arm and cut the m3 rod to suit both sides I set about refitting all the bits, which surprisingly, all went back together ok, a few tweaks to the rod ball joint connectors later and all was working fine. The Lunchbox now seems to have a tighter turning circle and is a lot more positive.

(P.S. Sorry about the jerky video's)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

Decided to give the hyper some love. Damage from the last bash session to the shell...after the initial sanding still looking rough...

IMG_20210712_191056.thumb.jpg.f5bcedfa1ac76840a3076d747dd04bf9.jpgIMG_20210712_191101.thumb.jpg.41d92164316dd7368532e86d40c0475c.jpg

and then...

IMG_20210712_201116.thumb.jpg.add0d340125203eaef39002f0541cccb.jpgIMG_20210712_201119.thumb.jpg.c371a25844c83a95522e70349acedc86.jpg

What mesh have you filled up the fuel cap and cylinder head holes with?

33 minutes ago, Redback said:

Hope to get it to go over 60 this time...

Looks the part mate, good luck with the speed run  :good:

• Like 1