• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Started my next resto, a very tired Tamiya Stadium Blitzer.  Just an initial wheels off once over, boiled off the tyres, and checked all the electrics.  Learnt something today - the TEU104BK has no internal BEC...  Sent 8v to my RX and servo... Somehow, they survived, and after plugging in an external 5v BEC, everything worked a treat. Happy days!  On to the main tear down tomorrow. No nasty surprises I hope 😲

• Like 3

Sent back the cheap ESC and Motor for my Vantage as they're ..  well let's say sub par.

It's a goolRC clone made my Yofuly.   (Should be woefully).

Motor was fine, but the supposed 60amp ESC was entirely useless, huge lag and cogging.   Ordered a GoolRC one instead which ended up costing me less.

Ordered the paint for my Coyote, and looked over some axles that arrived to make sure they weren't junk.

Then I ran over some of the flower beds with my WPL small scales and got shouted at by the Mrs for doing so.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

Finished the paint job on the Power Wagon... just need to sort out the body posts now. Going to design and print everything that this truck needs.

Nothing fancy here, I'm not a big time scale truck dude, I just gave it a light dusting of a light green, then a good thick coat of racing green (it's what I had) to give it a bit of texture rather than it being a completely flat dark green.

Kinda tempted to do a wood effect on the inside of the bed as I think it would look cool... but it's a lot of effort 😄

20210327_214413.thumb.jpg.9f00edc168b87f10fab59ec96224f94c.jpg

20210327_214400.thumb.jpg.a3b00d00a3f70e408d765ccf41e0110c.jpg

You could measure the bed, make a template out of paper to be sure, and then make an actual wooden bed out of lollipop sticks or coffee stirrers. You can score them with a fine toothed saw blade or a hobby knife, for a better looking grain. Then use a wood stain, or make one from acrylic paint and water, to make it pop. 

• Like 1

My usual tasks.

Fixing up the Carnage for my son.

Rear carbon shock tower. Hopefully, the suspension rods don't break out anymore.

IMG-5268.jpg

My son didn't believe that they are stronger. They are too light to be strong.

I promised him a Traxxas e-Revo 2.0 if he breaks the new shock towers. He gave up after 10 minutes. :topbanana:

Tethered body shell pins. No more loosing them.

IMG-5269.jpg

Rebuilt the diffs to keep as spares.

IMG-5270.jpg

• Like 3

I have a load of those teathered body pins, they really are top. My only advice would be to give them another crimp if you have the tool, as it can come loose.

All I did today was try and make some inserts for the MT410 bumper, which didnt really work... V2 printing as I type. I also did some minor maintenence on my daughters Maverick ION (heavily modded).

Just put a bigger motor in (3600KV up from 3000KV, still relatively tame) and sorted out the servo arm which was slipping. If that slips again, I think it will need a new one.

20210328_200513.jpg

• Like 1