• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

Fitted the links and a tiny little peak of what shell I will be using.

Unfortunately, like ALOT of my Pro-line shells, this one has defects too, my other two Power Wagons also had these same burn marks (it's not just the overfilm btw) and I've had quite a few others, getting a bit bored with Pro-line crap.

Anyway, aired out the Senton and had my very first actual breakage, a rear outside shaft let go.

And just because I'm a tart, Kopropo carbon fibre servo horn.

WEsVFkk.jpg 

Cusd4uO.jpg 

BPPj67T.jpg 

cV7knbT.jpg 

d3v8FAP.jpg 

Kx7k0OQ.jpg 

Every RC needs some carbon😀👍

• Like 1

Wrapped my sporty build. Sorted the shocks on it too. Way nicer now. Lots of messing with little bits    as I'm still wanting for rc4wd to get back to me about the issues with the front axles in the bully. Both cars looking better now. Slowly getting them dialed in

IMG_20201110_215332.jpg

• Like 3

Took out the Center Diff on the Lasernut today, I wanted to check the oil level, it was virtually empty, so rebuilt with 20000cst oil, and fitted two new Bearings from RC Bearings Uk

6F2B1854-A65E-4DD8-AD81-2C065E35E8FB.jpeg

EFF7604C-3F3C-489D-9312-EFE9E79A9C41.jpeg

D08BDD2E-7509-4A76-B282-AA5BEEC73CDD.jpeg

1EE4FA19-A7B7-4FFF-B5A2-8A4BC038193C.jpeg

ECFEA7D1-6426-493A-99F5-BB688C59AAD3.jpeg

• Like 1

Been a bit quiet at work for the last day or so which has allowed me to be a bit creative. I have decided to make a rear wing type of spoiler.  A couple of dimensions noted and a small cardboard mock up of the spoiler stand I had in mind I managed to knock up this. 

20201112_144611_copy_1008x454.jpg

20201112_144617_copy_1008x454.jpg

20201112_144634_copy_1008x454.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, everclear1984 said:

Sorted some dodgy soldering out on the used lipos I bought

IMG20201113094029

Can anyone spot the potentially very expensive mistake on this one? (Not made by me I must add!)

IMG20201113093333

Then took a few out for a very rare child-free bash 😁

IMG20201113130841

I'll post a few action shots up later :)

That Nanotech could have ended very badly😳

• Like 2

I finalized the battery tray, I say battery tray, it's a small piece of styrene, with two holes in it and some carbon wrap... But still, lighter and less visible than the stock one, also allows me to run my 2900 Overland 3s packs if I do wish, although these 1500 Nano-Techs give good run times surprisingly.

Elecs all in and about as neat as an install as I could do with the space I had and without flipped the transmission around.

9Z1ofKb.jpg

coX31Lh.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

hmm why the heavy breathing ?

did you have to run 1 of them down ? 🤣

Haha, maybe not heavy, just audible 🤣

Also, I got over excited because it's rare I get to take the rc's out without the kids anymore, and when they're around I don't get a turn lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Haha, maybe not heavy, just audible 🤣

Also, I got over excited because it's rare I get to take the rc's out without the kids anymore, and when they're around I don't get a turn lol

dont be worried by dodgy video, you should see my rubbish

12 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Some footage from today, and the first video on my new channel :)

Sorry about the dodgy music, I had to mask my heavy breathing 🤣

Sorry for newbie questions, I am still quite green when it comes to RC... 

Is the yellow one the Traxxas Stampede? Do you have a build thread for it? I have a Tamiya Lunchbox, but I would really like a 1/10 scale monster truck, and your yellow one is what I think a monster truck should look like. But the Stampedes that I have looked at don’t appear to have the ground clearance that yours does, they don’t seem to look quite right.

So, if you could tell me more about yours, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Fef15t said:

Sorry for newbie questions, I am still quite green when it comes to RC... 

Is the yellow one the Traxxas Stampede? Do you have a build thread for it? I have a Tamiya Lunchbox, but I would really like a 1/10 scale monster truck, and your yellow one is what I think a monster truck should look like. But the Stampedes that I have looked at don’t appear to have the ground clearance that yours does, they don’t seem to look quite right.

So, if you could tell me more about yours, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

Hello mate, you are right in thinking the yellow one is the Stampede. No build thread for it as it came to me in a job lot I purchased and I liked it too much to sell it on, it now belongs to my kids (at least that's what I tell them). It's an older 2wd version, having never owned anything by Traxxas I'm not sure what changed in the newer versions. I think they have the same tall stance.

IMG_20201025_192434_495

Edited by everclear1984