• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Finally added those hex extenders onto the flying fish and then sliced up the body to make it fit lowIMG_20200108_210609.thumb.jpg.78abefdd4a27fadd0164b50d567f6d47.jpgIMG_20200108_210621.thumb.jpg.66766a68930b15216de0e6a3df2b5d1b.jpgI'm super happy with it, was going for a ratrod/mad max esque look

Edited by fnknan
  • Like 3

Finally added those hex extenders and then sliced up the body to make it fit lowIMG_20200108_210609.thumb.jpg.78abefdd4a27fadd0164b50d567f6d47.jpgIMG_20200108_210621.thumb.jpg.66766a68930b15216de0e6a3df2b5d1b.jpgI'm super happy with it, was going for a ratrod/mad max esque look
That reminds me of a game i had on PC back in the day called POD excellent racing game...

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RadioFish said:

That reminds me of a game i had on PC back in the day called POD excellent racing game...

Just looked it up and it looks very much like the carmageddon game I used to play. I've always loved the look of those kind of cars

Fitted 1st skid plate (unfortunately still not from Redline RC ) this is from Trex.

A wee bit more in-depth than you think.

Tools

801215f7025cb8ad879a90279c733fbe.jpg

366aae8665c0bbdd5c3f3e8d546995b7.jpg

900bf6413680952abc780d485e51cf58.jpg

Nice snug fit though [emoji106], will use these as templates for the next build saving £7 a pop Front & Rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had another great day at the Herts Nitro Car Club crawler track. Had 3 trucks with me and crawled all day.

truck-1280x720.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, peterthedrummer said:

Yesterday took my car to skate park  only lasted about 10min did a big jump and broke rear upper brace on my Firestorm 

Skateparks kill cars unfortunately! As long as you expect to break it then you can have a good time but they rarely last long!

40 minutes ago, CarlC said:

Had another great day at the Herts Nitro Car Club crawler track. Had 3 trucks with me and crawled all day.

I was really surprised how well my TRX4 did there. It's not a small car and that crawler track can get super narrow in places but it just kept going!

Rumour has it they're going to extend the crawler track all the way along the back of the 1/10 astro track - should be amazing once it's done!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James1986 said:

I was really surprised how well my TRX4 did there. It's not a small car and that crawler track can get super narrow in places but it just kept going!

Rumour has it they're going to extend the crawler track all the way along the back of the 1/10 astro track - should be amazing once it's done!

I drove the first part of the extension today, with Tony, the course designer. Its early days but a lot of fun.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2020 at 22:35, fnknan said:

Just looked it up and it looks very much like the carmageddon game I used to play. I've always loved the look of those kind of cars

I too loved Carmageddon 2 - Carpocalypse Now

28 minutes ago, MacRaguel said:

The demons wouldn’t let me sleep last night so finally managed to sand, shape, drill and decal my unbreakable militia body for the kraton

04583E4C-B44B-4F76-B073-FD983DE721FB.jpeg

I very much like your choice of green. It's a proper dark shade for an automobile. Here's wishing you the best of luck with the 'unbreakable' claim you make because you and me know if you try hard enough you can break just about anything :)

As for me today, not sure if I will go out with a car today, not really feeling it (had a very serious difficult morning) but it's possible and the younger brother is popping in later and he has a couple of cars so who knows. Slight drizzle last night hasn't ruled it out quite yet. I am hoping to get more use out of my cars as spring approaches and the weather clears. 

We end up driving to the bash spots some times so that plus the lipo (mainly re-setting to storage volts) palava means it's not as easy to just grab a car and go as I would hope. Fortunately I can now think of Two really good spots quite near our main place.

(thanks for the advice on skate parks breaking cars I'm yet to try one. I have a local BMX dirt area).

• Like 1

Yesterday gave the Scania & the 2A6 it’s first outing for a while.

ad62adba1471a243b9c8b2e7d83ad42c.jpg

b2d03cad994b8977ffd1731f6b1e1916.jpg

It’s actually quite amusing when my Leopard overtakes some of the faster trucks fitted with cans & its only set to Lo speed as well.

• Like 3

Yesterday gave the Scania & the 2A6 it’s first outing for a while.

ad62adba1471a243b9c8b2e7d83ad42c.jpg

b2d03cad994b8977ffd1731f6b1e1916.jpg

It’s actually quite amusing when my Leopard overtakes some of the faster trucks fitted with cans & its only set to Lo speed as well.

I dont suppose you have any pics of the pickfords scamell did you mate excellent scania mate hope mine looks half as good as yours when shes done.....

57 minutes ago, tamiyafanboy said:

Would love something like that local to me, do you have to pay to use? 

£12 per day non-member, £7 if you are a member.  Membership is £20 per year.  You will need a BRCA licence.

There is also a 1/10 electric off-road astro track and a 1/8th  off-road nitro track.  All 3 can be used on one days fee, just make sure there are no organised events on the same day.

• Like 1