• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

39 minutes ago, Tug said:

I once took out my daughter with a BL Summit at full chat! I was doing a high speed pass and she stepped out from behind me, took her clean out. 

She was three! Young bones are bendy!

My old man got taken out by a Losi 5ive at pretty close to flat out, thankfully it was quite slippy ground so his feet didn't stick, apparently elderly bones are bendy too lol.

I still have a scar on my shin from my Baja smacking me about three years ago.

As for today, we got them dirty :) tried out my new-to-me 1.9 modded Wraith, not sure brushless is for me or 1.9 Wraiths in general so I might just move it on, we will see.

8mdbFuO.jpg

49307201476_7ae781c05e_b.jpg

49306705213_35de4ea8ec_b.jpg

49306704978_843d251b20_b.jpg

49307200436_a247a079cc_b.jpg

49307403987_caf023a88d_b.jpg

49307199951_4d8b09d5a5_b.jpg

49307199861_120602b615_b.jpg

49307403632_0714d16a90_b.jpg

29 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

My old man got taken out by a Losi 5ive at pretty close to flat out, thankfully it was quite slippy ground so his feet didn't stick, apparently elderly bones are bendy too lol.

I still have a scar on my shin from my Baja smacking me about three years ago.

As for today, we got them dirty :) tried out my new-to-me 1.9 modded Wraith, not sure brushless is for me or 1.9 Wraiths in general so I might just move it on, we will see.

Took myself out with my Baja years ago. 

Happy new year!

Change the suspension springs for slightly softer ones on my TRX-4, as I removed the defender body and the new one is a bit lighter. If the postie comes through tomorrow there will be many more changes.......

Even tho it was a great looking Nitro Truggy, I just can't be bothered  to run in a new nitro engine, Or mess about with all the aggro that comes with running a nitro when you just go out for a quick play, Servo's that come with it were fast but only rated at 13KG, And as I would be running it with some big old Thunder Tiger wheels, I thought why not use a duel setup as I have most of the stuff needed.

20200102-175332.jpg

Edited by babylon
  • Like 2

Added a winch to the new build, think the cheapo bumper I got on ebay may not be square, but hey, it adds character :)

winch1.jpg

New to this so been having lots of fun 

image.jpgProviding nothing breaks in the next month I’ll be investing in something a little special, I don’t want to say what because they sell out as fast as they are produced and the next production run is at the end of the month a little bird has informed me

Edited by MacRaguel

Knocked up a battery tray,  Little bit heavier than a plastic one, But not much, But I like making stuff and wanted it to help stiffen the chassis, So it's a full aluminium job.

20200105-121636.jpg

20200105_140212.jpg

Also made a start on the motor mount.

20200105-163230.jpg

• Like 2

took it apart, cleaned the carpet fibres off of it, adjusted the motor mount position, decided to change the layout of the electrics, got stumped by the toe adjustments (toe is horrible, why does adjusting toe have to be such a bugger to do!!) 

now waiting on a few bits from modelsport so i can do the shock oil, stick bits down, and change from magnets to velcro for shell mounting, seeing as im having terrible luck with magnet mounts XD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fnknan said:

Is that gonna be thick enough?

Yer,I've used this stuff before, I think people forget just how hard a small bit of 3mm aluminium is to bend, I will have a small angle brace on that chassis outer hole, And one on the inside if it doesn't interfere with the motor.

Look better once shaped and cleaned up.

• Like 1

Today I was very productive. I fitted bearings throughout the tt01 and added some bling (some practical, some not), then I made up a light kit from some led's I had lying around. I'll post up a pic soon but right now I'm knackered and am calling it a night 🙂

29 minutes ago, fnknan said:

Looks good. How difficult is it for a first timer to do? Can I do it with just a Dremel and a drill?

I'm a first timer as such, Did make one some years ago for a CRT, But it was nothing like this.

To make this I have used a drill, a Dremel, A grinder with a Flap disc in which is a sort of sanding disc, But that's optional, hack saw, set of vernier, Nothing special, Time is the most special tool, Take your time.

• Thanks 1