• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2018 at 16:20, everclear1984 said:

Tinkered with the Zombie, still unsure whether or not I'll be keeping it ?

867c83c52680321e40ab744674eb4e0b.jpg

What are your thoughts on the Zombie? I'm thinking of buying one.

16 hours ago, PumpkinPie said:

What are your thoughts on the Zombie? I'm thinking of buying one.

If you don't mind waiting for spares I'd say go for it. Asiatees seem to have a good supply but you're looking a week or two delivery time. The car itself seems very well built, I've only ran it once but it belonged to my friend before me and it took some decent bashing. The only weak point so far has been the motor mount shifting on heavy landings. I've fitted screws with a bigger head (2.5mm instead of 2mm) so that I could torque it down tighter and threadlocked any metal on metal screws, hopefully that'll help. 

• Like 1

Took the Mac 28 out and replaced with a Losi 427, Had to make some spacers for the engine mounts to lift the engine because of the rear roto start, But what an engine the 427 is.

FB-IMG-1492093840586.jpg

20181127-135038.jpg

• Thanks 1

Took the Zombie out for its first bash, managed to put a whole pack through it before the rain came ? What a car! It's my first truggy and it won't be my last, for where/how I bash its absolutely perfect!

Current situation.... 

e5c1ea004a7c3c3633ffa523db3380e3.jpg

Edited by everclear1984
  • Thanks 1

On 28/11/2018 at 00:18, babylon said:

Took the Mac 28 out and replaced with a Losi 427, Had to make some spacers for the engine mounts to lift the engine because of the rear roto start, But what an engine the 427 is.

FB-IMG-1492093840586.jpg

20181127-135038.jpg

I had a 427 in a Muggy and it was a beast of motor, when it was worn out I changed it for a OS 30vg, but I always much preferred the 427 ? 

• Like 1

I got it with a Muggy I picked up a year or so ago and converted to brushless, I did use it in the muggy for a while,Been sitting in the draw since,Dont know why I didn't do it before now.

dug out my Hyper 7 --- it has been in a box for about 5 years....dust off...batteries charged....just waiting for it to stop raining now

Edited by moorlander

20 hours ago, tamiyafanboy said:

I have done absolutely nothing to my model's lately I need to get out in the garage and get something done.

I have a LRP S8 that needs converting to brushless and my sons FTX needs putting back together, but no get up and go to do these lately.

I go through spits and spurts as well, Which is why your here nothing from me for a while, Then it's as if I can't keep my gob shut with an opinion on everything and on eBay every 5 minutes, Think that's how I have stayed with this hobby for over 30 years, At the moment I'm at a sport centre canteen with my phone connected to my laptop while my little girl is at Gymnastics until 1.30,  I could be piping up a lot for the next few hours.

• Like 1

Took the Zombie and EB4 out for a soggy, misty bash. My mate took his own buggy but had electrical issues so he ended up running my EB4. Good fun was had by all and no breakages to report.

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 3