• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Chucked Strada sct up and down a field using a bump as a ramp. Bent the front left alloy arm into an interesting shape... No pics as both hinge pins are now very jammed!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Chucked Strada sct up and down a field using a bump as a ramp. Bent the front left alloy arm into an interesting shape... No pics as both hinge pins are now very jammed!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Went well the!!! [emoji53]

Replaced the snapped pin in the rear diff on my savvy, removed the broken wheels and bodymounts on boys Slash, 3s really wakes up the new combo in it!

Yep 3s is mental!!

Replaced the snapped pin in the rear diff on my savvy, removed the broken wheels and bodymounts on boys Slash, 3s really wakes up the new combo in it!

That Slash absolutely flies on 3s. This is the only shot I got of it in action, unfortunately this was only on 2s

IMG_20150906_192242_zpss0nu5ceb.jpg

And one of the tank looking purdy

IMG_20150906_181132_zpsqu3esvjj.jpg

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 3

Good weekend at the track with the SWorkz, only problem i had was a clutch bearing failure at the end of the day with no spares on hand.

Ordered replacement clutch bearings, new clutch as the old one was about dead, new li fe rx pack as I wasn't getting a full days running from my nimh, and a con rod for the engine.

And spoke to the chap about dipping my new shell, looks like it's being done tomorrow :)

Soldered new wires and battery connectors onto the Hobbywing esc ready to sell. Fitted the new Castle Sidewinder V3 combo to the Firestorm and maybe most importantly of all..... discovered a bearing in the old gearbox which should be in the new one!! No wonder it was sounding rough today :D haha

Swapped it almost immediately for one I had laying around. Itll be replaced with a 1257 when funds allow. First I need the hpi steering rack and a calandra slipper unit. Hopefully end of this month they'll be ordered. I may wait for the servo to die before replacement though...

Bent Strada SCT lower arm roughly into right shape.  Still couldn't get hinge pin out so I bent it still attached to chassis.  Steering arm didn't fare well either so swapped that out but something is binding with the bearings in the new arm.  Got cross with it so put it to one side.

Dug out and did some work on daughters Range Rover Evoque TA02 scaler.  Swapped the ball diff. into the front and locked the front gear diff. by moving one of the spider gears and then put it in rear.  Started on a chassis with a small alu plate on the rear gearbox attached to a length of alu 20mmx10mm extrusion.  Then it got too dark to work in garage.  Really need to sort some lights in there....