• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Can't believe I forgot this, the two guys I was with were both running Slash 4x4s.

Car one had a fan on the VXL and a fan on the motor, but no "Dusty Motors" shroud. His temps were toasty at 70C for the ESC and 80C for the motor, all on 2s.

Car two had no fan on either the ESC or the motor AND had a "Dusty Motors" shroud. His temps were 90C for the VXL and 126C for the motor!

Cushty! ;)

Test fitted some wheels and tires.

and started grinding all the welds on my tuber chassis so everything is smooth and tidy for priming/painting:

Edited by ghazghul

Wasted time stripping and rebuilding the rear diff on the SCT. Stupid plastic diff gears. 

Found one of my LiPo's had puffed. 

Finished my 8ights Proline Bulldog, not come out great, but I didn't really expect it to, partly from rushing a bit towards the end and partly because the first two layers of liquid mask where a completely crap one that didn't really work.

But I've made it to such a point I don't mind bashing it, she's no shelfer, so needed a shell I was happy to use and abuse :)

Overall happy for my first attempt though, once it's dirty and dusty it won't make much odds :P

IMG_3985_zps2c58863d.jpg

IMG_3984_zpsd5948c74.jpg

• Like 1