• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

After realising my erbe is weak as pi$$ and not fit for more than 4s i put its castle mmm esc in my truggy flux and the truggy 4s system in the erbe. Makes more sense this way. Erbes are only good for 4s at the most, the truggy can take a bit more.

Disvocevered that the 4 wheel steer setup on the Madforce cannot cope with bumps.

I either have to run the servo with no servo saver, or go back to a normal setup. Normal setup it is then :) It was a gimmick, and hte novelty has worn off.

Other than that....the little Kyosho truck that had been sitting on the shelf since last autumn just started up lovely and ran sweet as a nut.

On the DF03 :

Replaced bent rear universal shaft

Straightened bent steering arm

Reset tracking

Adjusted slipper clutch

Tweaked some ESC settings

On the DF02 :

Cured sloppy steering by replacing servo and horn

Revived a dead brushless ESC by redoing all solder joints. Cogs a bit but useable.

Found some spare turnbuckle steering arms to replace the bent ones

I did it 63mph before running out of field. Still wheelies at 50 odd and if I can find somwhere longer and possibly flatter I think 65 - 68 is poss.

9u4e2uqe.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gave the Budget-Maxx another shoeing on 6s, I think I'm going to have to GPS it after reading the previous post!

(RevoMikey, my diffs are fine so far! If that changes, I'll let you know! ;) )

• Like 1

Swapped the naff hpi sp1 servo out the savage and fitted metal geared servo turns so much easier

Also fitted steel spur gear and bell hopefully they last longer than stock ones

Struggled getting xt60s onto sc8wp. Probably should have gone for xt90 but then would have to change batteries. Got one pin on connector a bit hot and is now wonky. Not much wire to play with (2nd hand) so may put on bullets and extend to a xt60 on new wire. Found a split in rx wire too so heatshrunk that.

At least I got power to esc and programmed it. Spent ages counting 12 flashes to program cell count before remembering the brand new program card sat next to me. Doh etc...

Took the viper for a rip,the axle carrier broke again :/ .It took a CVD with it too :( .So I took the 16th turnigy buggy out on 3s & the rear hub carrier broke :/ I've araldited it,so hopefully it'll be running by tomorrow afternoon.It takes ages to get parts for it :(

For some reason, the rear tower on my ERBE had bent forward over the years. This only became apparent when I tried to fit my Proline Apocalypse shell. The shell had to be fitted with a bit of pressure to get the mounting holes to line up. New Tower arrived from JRC, fitted and problem solved.

For some reason, the rear tower on my ERBE had bent forward over the years. This only became apparent when I tried to fit my Proline Apocalypse shell. The shell had to be fitted with a bit of pressure to get the mounting holes to line up. New Tower arrived from JRC, fitted and problem solved.

Sounds like a few tumbles mate!

Happened to me with the Raminator many times, before the roll cage was fitted.

Any mount screws come loose?

Al.