• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Chris T  love your porsche

Looking very nice now it is done, I see you did not use the cockpit.

I can wait to finish mine and how it look when its done with the purple color.

Edited by No brains
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, No brains said:

Looking very nice now it is done, I see you did not use the cockpit.

I can wait to finish mine and how it look when its done with the purple color.

Thanks. Couldn't use the cockpit unless the driver lost his right arm, but I am considering a chassis swap on the Lancia 037 TA-02SW. just need to figure out the extra parts required.

Look forward to your purple version, it's a lush colour :wub:

On 05/04/2020 at 21:32, Hell horn. said:

More messing with the r1.  It's got very almost 90 degrees of flex now. No binding of drive shafts now.  And it's now running plus 10mm hex's.  Need to order some dgs hubs for it. Unfortunately only place I can find them is from China on ebay.  So that sucks. 

IMG_20200405_204939.jpg

You're making good progress on the R1! A model I have never tried actually. For reference, with regards to actual crawling performance too much articulation will generally cause issues, infact, most of the comp chaps will only run between 45/60 degrees. That said, a flexed up truck does look awesome!

Today I "rallied" two of the tt01's in the back lane with my boys. I forgot they're geared for much cooler weather, the servo tape holding the esc down on one them got a bit quishy, and a motor desoldered itself on the other. I'll dial back the throttle end points while I wait for new pinions 😂 Hopefully it hasn't cost me a motor. 

2 hours ago, stimpy said:

You're making good progress on the R1! A model I have never tried actually. For reference, with regards to actual crawling performance too much articulation will generally cause issues, infact, most of the comp chaps will only run between 45/60 degrees. That said, a flexed up truck does look awesome!

I might drop the flex down a bit once I start using it. I wanted to see how much I could get out of the r1 before I get a different chassis.  I could get more out of it. But it will put crazy stress on the shocks and drive shafts. 

2 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

I might drop the flex down a bit once I start using it. I wanted to see how much I could get out of the r1 before I get a different chassis.  I could get more out of it. But it will put crazy stress on the shocks and drive shafts. 

Cool man.. What chassis are you thinking of? A caged arrangement, comp or ladder??

1 minute ago, stimpy said:

Cool man.. What chassis are you thinking of? A caged arrangement, comp or ladder??

Not to sure yet.  As long as its relatively cheap.  But I'm thinking comp possibility. Never had one before so be good to give it a go.  I have a Scx10 ii so won't be same styas that. 

7 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

Not to sure yet.  As long as its relatively cheap.  But I'm thinking comp possibility. Never had one before so be good to give it a go.  I have a Scx10 ii so won't be same styas that. 

Comp rigs are incredible! I still have a XR10 based MOA rig and an old shafty project I never completed... 🙄 (May sell that chassis sometime actually)..

18 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Comp rigs are incredible! I still have a XR10 based MOA rig and an old shafty project I never completed... 🙄 (May sell that chassis sometime actually)..

I'm wanting to keep it center motor to keep costs down. I do like the look of the hot racing chassis and the intergy one.  But both are import only. So need to keep looking 

14 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

I'm wanting to keep it center motor to keep costs down. I do like the look of the hot racing chassis and the intergy one.  But both are import only. So need to keep looking 

M.O.A = Motor On Axle,

Shafty or Sporty = 1 motor on chassis. Hence uses Driveshafts.

This is the shafty chassis I have as an example: https://www.undergroundcrawlers.com/#!/Fastback-II-Black/p/9260709/category=0

2 hours ago, stimpy said:

M.O.A = Motor On Axle,

Shafty or Sporty = 1 motor on chassis. Hence uses Driveshafts.

This is the shafty chassis I have as an example: https://www.undergroundcrawlers.com/#!/Fastback-II-Black/p/9260709/category=0

I know it was called moa. But didn't o ow about shafty or Sporty. So thanks. 

Added a light bar and new front and rear lights to my TRX-4, am also halfway through printing an interior for the Enduro, Ratty Chevy....

lb01.jpg

• Like 1