• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Took the Lunchbox for a spin in the garden, bad idea. My German Shepherd decided she wanted to play and knocked it for six. Resulting in the body being battered and I haven't even painted it yet. Good job its going to be a basher anyway

You don't get window masks included with the Kamei MK1 Golf, so had to make my own.

1 Tamiya masking sheet and about an hour and a half, voila.

DSCF0669_zpsye2neet5.jpg

DSCF0672_zpsplm4cru1.jpg

Hopefully the window decals will hide any discrepancys, but there won't be any :P

• Like 1

Replaced all of the alloy links with metal rod ends with titanium links / G-Made rod ends on the TXT-2.

The G-Made seem to be the most-solid rod ends I could find. I had been using the RC4WD premium rod ends, but kept 'popping 'them ... I'll see how I get on.

Also fitted the Bluebird H50C servos, replacing the Savox 1256TG's - more than twice the torque.

Decided I needed high tensile bolts for the links, replacing the stainless ones - some were bent!

Despite having hundreds of bolts, I needed a few of different sizes, so not yet completed - later this week, possibly, if Boltmeup are in between Christmas and New Year!

Al.

40 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Replaced all of the alloy links with metal rod ends with titanium links / G-Made rod ends on the TXT-2.

The G-Made seem to be the most-solid rod ends I could find. I had been using the RC4WD premium rod ends, but kept 'popping 'them ... I'll see how I get on.

Also fitted the Bluebird H50C servos, replacing the Savox 1256TG's - more than twice the torque.

Decided I needed high tensile bolts for the links, replacing the stainless ones - some were bent!

Despite having hundreds of bolts, I needed a few of different sizes, so not yet completed - later this week, possibly, if Boltmeup are in between Christmas and New Year!

Al.

Any of the 1256TG's going spare? :D 

im after one for my latest project

I began the de-Turnigification of the Hooligan by removing the Trackstar ESC. Whilst I had the Hooligan on the bench I reduced the slop in the rear hubs and adjusted the rear camber. 

After that I removed the dead 60a Turnigy ESC from the Baby Monster Badger and proceeded to install the recently de-Hooliganed ESC. This done I went to calibrate the speedo, no success. Ok, let's rebind the tx and rx. No success. Right, Orange rx and Spekky DX-2.0 tx. Will they bind? They might if the tx would go into "Bind" mode. 

Cue grumpiness. 

Some time later the decision was made to remove the rx from the Hooligan (New ESC still in the shop waiting to be purchased) and use that tx/rx for the time being. 

Result: Brushless Baby Monster Badger lives again. Happy days.

Managed to find a tiny bit of motivation so re built the front end i knocked off at the last National in Oct lol

8B1CA802-535E-4D94-AFBB-389A463EA7FA_zps

ACBA02DE-E5A6-4B57-838C-9787D609AF97_zps

All that was needed is Diff mount and a steering post for the servo saver. Might do the rear end tomorrow, but might not lol 

• Like 1