• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Went about fitting the Jeep JK body to my Ascender. I butchered the interior that James worked hard to make look good, but I don't mind it not being perfectly scale. Kinda need a bumper, but not sure what to get, will have to have a look around.

IMG_20161126_120424_zps3ak1vswo.jpg

IMG_20161126_120445_zpsvf5rlfwm.jpg

IMG_20161126_120541_zpsmwwyxps1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

Really liking the look of that.

If I'm not mistaken, there is actually an SCBE you can buy ready done isn't there?

There is, however, if like Mond and myself you already own the far superior SCTE chassis, conversion is the better route to take. Built mine up a couple of months back, still unpainted hence why it hasn't seen public light of day.....

I bought it to see if I could get it on my 8ight 2.0 but the offset chassis is a problem and it just won't go on without removing the sides of the chassis. I expect it will work on the 8ight 3.0 and 4.0 as they both have a similar sized chassis and sides to the SCTE/Ten.

Edited by mond

Managed 2 4s packs through the hyper this afternoon. Even got a pack through the slicks I won in the recent MSUK comp. Very interesting driving until they warm up (curb burnouts warmed them up nicely). Once warm, its like driving on rails!. Held back by the off-road set up but fun all the same. a few damp patches on the tarmac produced some comical flat out powerslides!  Once again THANKS MSUK! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Noj said:

There is, however, if like Mond and myself you already own the far superior SCTE chassis, conversion is the better route to take. Built mine up a couple of months back, still unpainted hence why it hasn't seen public light of day.....

I thought there was... I don't already have the SCTE, but the SCBE has tempted me quite a few times!

Noted though about the SCTE, if that's a lot better, then a second hand one of those and the conversion parts would be the better way to go!

I discovered a very badly rounded Silverback Mercenary this evening, while wondering why the wheel nut wouldn't come off lol.

Mullered... First Silverback part I've broke.

DSC_2057_zpscm3ynjsz.jpg

• Like 1

Did some more on my anniversary F103.

Fitted the carbon rear axle (stock one is steel):

DSC06573_zps8qdwuwmu.jpg

Built the diff, which involves fitting the rear wheels as the one-piece diff thrust bearing and cone springs are located in the wheel itself (stock diff is plastic with a multi-part thrust bearing):

DSC06584_zpsesskqdxn.jpg

Front wheels on, and it's a roller!

DSC06585_zpssj8pw0xo.jpg

A lot more blingy than my bog-standard F103RS chassis that I use for regular race duties, that's for sure!

DSC06586_zps0b3k6mtn.jpg

Although the cars are both F103s, they have very few parts in common. Almost every part of the 15th Anniversary Edition has been upgraded or dressed up somehow. The only parts that are identical as far as I can see are the bolts that hold the front arms to the chassis, the cone springs and spacer in the diff, the springs in the friction damper, the motor washer plate and the T-bar itself.

Now to put it aside until after Christmas when I am hoping to afford some nice electronics for it. I'll consolidate all the build photos into a build report when it is done. B)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XV Pilot said:

Did some more on my anniversary F103.

Fitted the carbon rear axle (stock one is steel):

DSC06573_zps8qdwuwmu.jpg

Built the diff, which involves fitting the rear wheels as the one-piece diff thrust bearing and cone springs are located in the wheel itself (stock diff is plastic with a multi-part thrust bearing):

DSC06584_zpsesskqdxn.jpg

Front wheels on, and it's a roller!

DSC06585_zpssj8pw0xo.jpg

A lot more blingy than my bog-standard F103RS chassis that I use for regular race duties, that's for sure!

DSC06586_zps0b3k6mtn.jpg

Although the cars are both F103s, they have very few parts in common. Almost every part of the 15th Anniversary Edition has been upgraded or dressed up somehow. The only parts that are identical as far as I can see are the bolts that hold the front arms to the chassis, the cone springs and spacer in the diff, the springs in the friction damper, the motor washer plate and the T-bar itself.

Now to put it aside until after Christmas when I am hoping to afford some nice electronics for it. I'll consolidate all the build photos into a build report when it is done. B)

Have to admit I'd love one of these even if it ended up being just a shelfer.  :thumbsup:

John

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Have to admit I'd love one of these even if it ended up being just a shelfer.  :thumbsup:

John

It is a lovely thing to behold, to be sure. Everything fits perfectly, everything feels solid and well-made but at the same time light and efficient - it is a lovely example of Tamiya goodness.

This one will see light track duties, but I am tempted to do it a display shell with decals but no paint in order to show off the chassis when on the shelf.

4 minutes ago, XV Pilot said:

It is a lovely thing to behold, to be sure. Everything fits perfectly, everything feels solid and well-made but at the same time light and efficient - it is a lovely example of Tamiya goodness.

This one will see light track duties, but I am tempted to do it a display shell with decals but no paint in order to show off the chassis when on the shelf.

Perhaps a shell that's only had one half painted so it could be displayed with either the clear side or the painted side facing out.  ;)

John

• Like 2