• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Went to the track after work to see how the changes are working.

Think this short video of one of the Hormanns going round answers that lol.

https://vimeo.com/130029348

He was clearing the double happily after he got used to the new layout but missed it with a flat phone battery.

More upgrades to the track to come this week with changes made to the start/finish straight.

Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Put my slayer back together, adjusted the brakes so I now have front and rear brakes, and drive it round the garden for a tank :b temps never even reached 105 so that was pretty successful :b31e275437919e4bd449ee961e1d8c9e7.jpg

6d6b292e31e986e1f6d2d9266c83b6d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re thought my rc plans seeing as the 1:1 needs some loving and can't afford the 5ive right now.

So now my plans are to get the Revo rebuilt with longer chassis and ZR.32 power and set up for track use, and also to get the old Hyper running again, but on 6s only...

I still aim on getting a 5ive by my birthday in mid Sept, but building from a new Roller instead of an RTR as it works out better value.

Edited by Pistonhead

Re thought my rc plans seeing as the 1:1 needs some loving and can't afford the 5ive right now.

So now my plans are to get the Revo rebuilt with longer chassis and ZR.32 power and set up for track use, and also to get the old Hyper running again, but on 6s only...

I still aim on getting a 5ive by my birthday in mid Sept, but building from a new Roller instead of an RTR as it works out better value.

Surely the King Motor X2 would be an option?

Had a rethink about the ESC position in the Slayer. So this is the result. 8c91f3f3cbdaadfd6749ffa30edd77d2.jpg

Just need to decide in what shell to put on it and the I can get on and order the bits to make it usable again.

I think you could do with a few more cable ties

• Like 1

You can never have to many cable ties!

They are a sign of a true engineering mastermind [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I thank you Sir for recognising my genius  :yes:

Made and fitted a possible solution to the snapping stub-axle problem on the HPI Super 5sc Flux. I'll do a full report on my thread once I've had a chance to test.

Had my first proper go with the airbrush :)

219F1EB2-9F09-4B9A-B202-8A9BC9F003CA_zps

DE9A6FF3-6489-45D4-86E7-D4103D0B0341_zps

Didn't turn out too bad considering I dropped it half way through spraying lol. Just needs clear coating.

• Like 1

Nooo, don't clear coat it... Looks so nice in that matt finish!

I decided to do a couple of jobs I'd been putting off today.

Mesh modded the engine, I did initially buy an Outerwears crank case cover, but it doesn't seem to line up very good and the sticky back velcro just pulls straight off, load of crap!

So gone with the tried and tested mesh mod :)

Also, cut some 1mm lexan to make some side panel things to enclose the chassis, it'll hopefully aid in getting less sheep muck in the chassis and less grass as well.

IMG_4801_zpss6ks5kfq.jpg

IMG_4800_zpsbcbfkedw.jpg

Also, just moved my on/off switch to the top of the rx box, saves me cutting holes in the lexan, which would sort of defeat the point of putting them there in the first place.

I also run without a shell, so it's no problem for me.

IMG_4802_zpslhpril5w.jpg

And then started the rebuild, not got my new wheels and tyres or hubs yet, but figured as the weather is meant to be really nice on Thursday (the day we planned a bash) I might as well make as little work as possible for myself and I might have time to prepare Baja numero duece.

IMG_4803_zpsrrbhknav.jpg

IMG_4805_zpsbe2dn59w.jpg

Fun day of tinkering :)

20150610_113257.jpg

20150610_114225.jpg

20150610_114240.jpg

20150610_114310.jpg

20150610_114340.jpg

Scaled Aberystwyth Castle. 

Then bashed Borth with Boudicca and Carnage. 

Until my crappy soldering put an end to my fun with Carnage. 

• Like 3