• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

33 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

despite the big letters clearly NOT waterproof

almost all my traxxas waterproof servos let water in   even running on road with just standing water.  I

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, turok007 said:

almost all my traxxas waterproof servos let water in   even running on road with just standing water.  I

gotta keep them cool some how 😄

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

despite the big letters clearly NOT waterproof

44 minutes ago, tomr said:

That translates to mildly resistant 😁

I know right haha and It didnt ever go under water i use old hobao servos i dont have use for for submarining, it could just be moisture build up from running in the cold even, water condensing inside. Still never had one rust up like this.
Makes me wonder what the servos in the outlaw look like they have been in 3x longer and used way more in the wet and mud, but touch wood, never had a powerhd servo fail yet, but these etronix 28kg can not handel 6v and being in a crawler, lasted 100 gates.
This HV one seems to be the exception were its been just dandy for 3 years even full of rust haha

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Redback said:

gotta keep them cool some how 😄

I know right haha and It didnt ever go under water i use old hobao servos i dont have use for for submarining, it could just be moisture build up from running in the cold even, water condensing inside. Still never had one rust up like this.
Makes me wonder what the servos in the outlaw look like they have been in 3x longer and used way more in the wet and mud, but touch wood, never had a powerhd servo fail yet, but these etronix 28kg can not handel 6v and being in a crawler, lasted 100 gates.
This HV one seems to be the exception were its been just dandy for 3 years even full of rust haha

From the look of that  i would of bet on it being under water a lot of times.   The worst i had was totally rusted bearing  or just dead servos

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Its quite common for that screw to come loose and I always give it a good threadlocking

looks like you were having great fun till it came loose tho  :good:

Yeah it's not the first time. There's a good chance I just put it away after the last bash and forgot to replace it lol

• Haha 1

Years ago that screw came loose on my Nitro H7 and i did a field repair on it but screw was a tad short but it lasted years till it came loose after converting to leccy lol :cheers:

47 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

The motor is locked up too. I've been considering getting a truggy anyway, maybe now is the time lol

A truggy would be much better suited to skate parks imho than a buggy. 

• Like 1