• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, Hell horn. said:

Found my long lost 2.2 tyre. So built up a set of 2.2 to try my smt10 as a mud/lifted truck type of thing. Think it looks cool and should make an interesting build.  Odd wheels for now until I can order a set of 4 or 2 more of the ssd ones.  With ever I can get cheaper. 

IMG_20210723_160247.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but what is this beauty, is it a crawler? Is it a MT? Whatever it is, it's sexy!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bert_w164 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is this beauty, is it a crawler? Is it a MT? Whatever it is, it's sexy!

Its a sort of crazy mix of both. Thinking it's a mega truck. A truck that's had a massive lift kit.  I want to see if is possible to make this in to a good rock crawler.  Way to much power. But that's half the fun 

24 minutes ago, Redback said:

Paints down, vs my last attempt at a bright paint job this one really pops. Fluro orange and yellow.
IMG_20210725_180059.thumb.jpg.ee76a33a3b4feb5f1cd1479f38baef68.jpg

is that tamiya PS-24

50 minutes ago, Redback said:

Indeed sir, good eye.

turned our a lot better than mine.  i used a whole can on a few tiny parts of a shell  at it didn't do anything.

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

I’ve got a helicopter that colour, it’s brilliantly visible! 👍👍👍

DD78B431-A055-4CF1-8046-55032CEB1A08.jpeg

Yep really bright in the sun, photos dull it out quite a bit and dont do it justice.

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

turned our a lot better than mine.  i used a whole can on a few tiny parts of a shell  at it didn't do anything.

Did you back it with white after?

33 minutes ago, Mack1 said:

Losi...3 concrete edging stone...0

Took the losi 5t out tonight and whilst hooning it around I saw it jolt a couple of times. Seems weird as I didn't see anything. The 3rd time I was closer when it jolted again so I went over and never expected to see this. The concrete edgings stones around the path were shattered from hitting them with the front skid plate.

20210725-191605.jpg

Dang hows the chassis look?

12 minutes ago, Redback said:

Yep really bright in the sun, photos dull it out quite a bit and dont do it justice.

Did you back it with white after?

Dang hows the chassis look?

i tried some white paper to see if it did anything as the shell is backed with white  but didn't seem to do much.  i think it might be the way traxxas paints the shells.  or it was just me.  but a whole can did nothing.

10 minutes ago, turok007 said:

i tried some white paper to see if it did anything as the shell is backed with white  but didn't seem to do much.  i think it might be the way traxxas paints the shells.  or it was just me.  but a whole can did nothing.

They might be screen printed rather than painted??

1 minute ago, walkbythesea said:

They might be screen printed rather than painted??

might be    also when you look close the traxxas paint seems to be in the plastic  well that's how it looks.

7 hours ago, Mack1 said:

Losi...3 concrete edging stone...0

Took the losi 5t out tonight and whilst hooning it around I saw it jolt a couple of times. Seems weird as I didn't see anything. The 3rd time I was closer when it jolted again so I went over and never expected to see this. The concrete edgings stones around the path were shattered from hitting them with the front skid plate.

20210724-191226.jpg

20210725-191605.jpg

How's the skid plate looking? I know mine's heavily gouged.