• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

54 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Any reason why you have used a 68mm buggy motor over a longer truggy motor?

ljVXINZ.jpg

No larger can available with the G3 motors at 1900kv...that’s the reason....

1 minute ago, .AJ. said:

Looks like Hobbywing missed a trick, a 4274 1800-2000kv would be a big seller 👍 

Very true, I was tempted by the Reedy set up, but the price was crazy, the HW set up is bad enough...🤣

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

I'd pre-order 3 if they announced an 1800KV Motor.

Yar! If  it was 4274 and sensored they would sell like hotcakes.

IMG_20210501_211040.thumb.jpg.3407401f2c65dd6ce36ebbd76529c46d.jpg
Today i fixed the trx4, really sour taste having to get 4 new fenders to fix a single pan hard bar mount, might look at making a model and getting one 3d printed in metal if it fails again.
Probably was already weak from crashing it at 40mph into a car so was drivers fault not design issue. Just very wasteful. The silver body trim actually is designed it seems to distribute impacts well as mine snapped, plastic cement functions on this plastic well and was easily fixed. Surprising how well it performs with SCT wheels too, side hills much better and i think they look kinda good, makes crawling more of a challenge. 👍

• Like 3

Adjustable gear mesh came loose while out for a drive. Thankfully didn't strip the gears so just used a bit more lock tight this time and hopefully all sorted. 

Whilst it's in bits giving it a much needed clean and once over. 

IMG_20210502_152348.jpg

• Like 3

Does it really make that much difference to get all the air out the shocks.. how long do you wait cheers 

And it's a cool.looking set up .

7 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Does it really make that much difference to get all the air out the shocks.. how long do you wait cheers 

And it's a cool.looking set up .

All depends on the shocks. With a typical basher perhaps it's not as critical, but it honestly only takes leaving them alone for 20-30 mins typically and you will get less aggressive rebound.

I was actually skeptical of the way these shocks work, as they have an emulsion cap but work with bladders, I actually now think they're better than emulsion for getting consistent shocks, and might rebuild my other Tekno's in this way.

You basically build them as a bladder shock, and bleed the air out from behind the bladder using the emulsion cap to set rebound.

Gets PERFECTLY equal shocks first time without any issues.

• Like 1