• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Short Course

.AJ.

^ That's nice. I like the slick colour scheme and mean wheels. I wouldn't go overboard with the decals, as it would ruin that clean look. :thumbsup:  Just my thoughts.

cheers! it only might have a few more decals, will have to see what my mate comes up with for me :P 

but yer i was sort of aiming to do something similar to the buggy that's behind it in those pictures :) 

and the wheels were the only ones I could find that looked like they would work! 

I had to try and find some 12mm hex for the rear with an offfset, and some that take 10x4 bearings for the front with no offset ;) 

its a buggy chassis under that (same as the buggy in the background) but quite heavily modified now! 

Always nice to have a matching fleet :thumbsup:

The wheels look good. I know they don't match, but I don't think it takes anything away from the styling at all.

Yeah I thought that's what you were doing. Once you get that thing mounted there will be no telling that isn't a real manufactured SCT. :good:

its only them two that match out of the fleet unfortunatly! the rest are whatever i felt like doing at the time! 

2015-01-13194428.jpg

but yes onceits mounted apart from the short wheelbase it should be fine! 

need to get some bumpers though front and rear and mount them somehow too as there is quite a large gap back and front at the moment :P

Traxxas Slayer 3.3 I got for my Birthday Friday just gone :b520130283b329c1cde8faf30a28de858.jpge27b74c18f778b26906c6918f1302c9b.jpg

And comparing it to my savage just before break in, it's far bigger than I ever thought... Especially since it's only a 1/10 and savages are 1/8... :bc04955ecdae946ea73259d914ed006f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thee toughest rc ive ever had by far and ive had most rc's :) super tough truck and if you follow the break in procedure to the book the most reliable nitro ive ever had as well, id love another one but i cant justify it now i have a slash as well, wise choice though

Naa, I'm definitely a nitro guy, can't stand the whine of electric ;) and I like the tuning side of it :b I've done the first two tanks of break in, as it says in the manual and it's already significantly improved on the first start up :b it could idle through a whole tank already :b the whole kit in general just seems really high quality and well thought out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willashcroft on here did a Slayer brushless conversion a few years ago and he hated it, he sold it on to Bubbles and he brought it to our track, I had a go with it and was rubbish, it wallowed about and fell over for fun on high grip Astro lol

Edited by .AJ.
  • Like 1

Hi guys iv just had my 5th scale nicked and im selling a hpi blitz on ebay with a hpi trophy 3.5 f the item number is 171643274936 have a look guys its for my new baja so please take a look, iv bought it to try and get a few quid together to replace my km baja thanks and please take a look. Thanks

Looks good, I still remember when mine looked like that (body doesn't last long when bashing)... now it's very different, loads of alum parts and all captured rod ends, bullet proof basically, but costly and heavy, luckily I don't race, still goes about 40mph with my castle 1410 motor and 28/84 gearing.

DSC_0583_zpsefa40c32.jpg

DSC_0576_zpsd109db62.jpg

Edited by ostewart
  • Like 1

That's nice. I'm not looking to go nuts on upgrades, only essential bits, I've got my eye on the STRC steering rack, they look good and VFM.

Captured rod-ends? Maybe, but I'm not going to bash it too hard.

She won't be getting wet!

She won't be getting muddy!

My rig, my rules! ;)

Any other obvious bits that I should attend to? I want those Road tyres you've got, perfect for when the park's too wet. Whose are they?

I've ordered the over-tray, the TBG one. I had the Proline one on my Slash 4x4, did a good job of keeping her clean. I'm sure this one will too.

Off-road tyres, I'm thinking of Badlands, just on the rear. I know that means they won't match, but as it's 2wd and hidden under a shell, I'm figuring "so what!".

So far just a few quick blasts indoors, ballistic acceleration! Just wants to wheelie off the line! Stock tyres seem reasonable on carpet, but probably won't last on Tarmac.

Any thoughts or tips welcome.

Cheers.

STRC steering rack is essential.

Exotek chassis braces are a very good addition: http://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=4044&virtuemart_category_id=280

http://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=4046&virtuemart_category_id=280

I'm running 17mm hex so I can use 1/8 scale rally wheels (whats pictured). If you want to stick with 12mm hex you might want to look at the proline on road tires. Off road badlands on the rear, and trenchers on the front is a good combo for grass/loose dirt.

A small heatsink for the motor is always helpful: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Car-Hop-Up-540-Motor-Alloy-Slim-Heat-Sink-Vented-Cool-Vent-heatsink-CNC-GUN-M-/201188663219?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2ed7c75fb3

• Like 1

Here's my Durango DESC210 at it's first "proper" race meeting, racing against 1/8th Ebuggies at NDOR last Sunday

6_zps8629a83c.jpg

1_zpsa6b15df2.jpg

3_zpsbbd27061.jpg

4_zpsbf6c2e52.jpg

5_zps16be03c8.jpg

It wasn't a very good first meeting for me and my Durango being 4 laps off the pace, but I was the only 2wd, and the only 1/10th scale, and the only SC, as well as the only one running 7.2 v NIMH's :yes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took my Helion out for a quick blast today. Also has aluminium shocks fitted and light bar that I'm yet to wire up.

1604373_10152698174186158_11636113027523

What do you reckon to it?

What do you reckon to it?

It's much better with the uprated shocks, the standard ones were a bit naff. Goes well though! I think I might get some better tyres but otherwise I'll leave it as it is.

Edited by Scarecrow
  • Like 1