• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Black Friday

Oh How Original

A few people who know I'm into RC but aren't into it themselves have asked me what Black Friday bargains I'll be getting.

It got me thinking, I've never seen a decent shop actually have a Black Friday sale, nor have I ever picked up a bargain.

I wanted to know what bargains you've picked up in a Black Friday sale and also, is there any god shops having one this time?

Ideally in the UK.... I've yet to find a single sale worth looking at.

I got a Xbox 360 250gig last year with 2 decent games from Asda for £99 which was well happy with, cheap and half decent setup for me lad.

doesnt really bother me too much though, if I want something, I'll be prepared to buy it at its cost, if there's money off its a bonus, that's my own thinking anyway......

If a shop is selling a good product that sells anyway.....why would they offer a massive discount?

The bargains come when shops need to shift stocks of stuff that will be obsolete, superceded or just plain hard to sell. Offers like that enable retailers to shift stock and make space for the new stuff and as long as the price remains above cost....they get something for it.

If you are not bothered about the 'latest' gear, then bargains can be had.... but since RC stuff tends to be around a lot longer and get sold in smaller quantities....don;t expect massive Black Friday bargains  on anything you want or need.

Gaz's approach is the right one. Buy what you want....and consider the discount a bonus. No point in buying stuff you don't want becuase it;s cheap :)

• Like 2

some shops have a few items for a little less. But they also put the price up just before black friday so the new lower price looks even better.  to get a bargain you have to have a item & price in mind before you go in the shop.   as a lot of people last year were just buying anything  lol    i watched a few shops last year for prices and most never really had lower prices.  in fact they dropped prices more nearer to crimbo

I'm not exactly looking to save a fiver or tenner off something I want lol.

I was just meaning in general.

Some stuff isn't only old stock clearances, because they're new products that will be re-stocked with the same product after the sales are over.

It was just a general question.

DDM could be an option to look at, although after shipping charges and import fees, I can't imagine the savings are huge, or am I wrong Harvey?

I imagine it will depend what you order as well.

It mainly just got me curious as to why we don't get as much of it over here... Or at least, not in the RC world anyway.

On 23 November 2015 17:30:59, Oh How Original said:

I'm not exactly looking to save a fiver or tenner off something I want lol.

I was just meaning in general.

Some stuff isn't only old stock clearances, because they're new products that will be re-stocked with the same product after the sales are over.

It was just a general question.

DDM could be an option to look at, although after shipping charges and import fees, I can't imagine the savings are huge, or am I wrong Harvey?

I imagine it will depend what you order as well.

It mainly just got me curious as to why we don't get as much of it over here... Or at least, not in the RC world anyway.

Got friends in the US.  I tend to ship though them, or to them and then collect when I'm over next.

4 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Works out a lot better for you then.

I just worked out the cost of an ESP Championship Ported, on the Black Friday sale, with an added discount code, it only saves 3quid over UK prices lol.

Links to UK and DDM offers?

DDM one; http://www.davesmotors.com/esp-championship-ported-zenoah-4-bolt-36mm-29cc-top-end-kit.html

You can further add ddmfb for another 5% discount.

And Abbots, with discount code, comes to £3 more than DDM's all in shipped price; http://abbotsrc.co.uk/ESP-Championship-Ported-Zenoah-4-Bolt-36mm-29cc-Top-End-Kit--P2841182.aspx

Sadly it's the same story but I believe about £5.50 cheaper, for the option with the stuffed +2mm crank set as well, which I also looked at.