• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Look What I Bought Today!

Sammo

Evening Everyone :)

After wanting one of these since I was about 13 I have finally managed to find one at a reasonable price :)

Mclarenmp413.jpg

Its a NIB kit and i'm really excited hehe! Although i'm now torn between leaving it NIB or building it up to be a shelf queen.

Someone tell me what to do :)

Cheers

Sammo

• Like 1

Hehe I had a feeling thats what the answer was going to be :D

My main worry with building it is cutting and painting the shell. I am useless at both. I have built god knows how many models and never made a good job of a shell. I just dont have an eye for it :(

My main worry with building it is cutting and painting the shell. I am useless at both. I have built god knows how many models and never made a good job of a shell. I just dont have an eye for it :(

then take even longer to do it then :good:

Build it, stick an MMM in it, then ramp the life out of it! And be sure to vid it! I've still got my first car, a Tamiya March BMW F1, it's looking a bit of a state to be honest, but I was only about 9. In all honesty, if you're looking for a long term investment then leave it boxed, in another 25 years, it'll make you a mint. But, as mentioned before, perhaps the shelf queen option? Because models like that are designed to look like something that actually exists, unlike a Revo or Savvy, it would look awesome on display...............high up away from small hands. Tough call, glad I'm not in your shoes!

Evening Everyone :)

After wanting one of these since I was about 13 I have finally managed to find one at a reasonable price :)

Its a NIB kit and i'm really excited hehe! Although i'm now torn between leaving it NIB or building it up to be a shelf queen.

Someone tell me what to do :)

Cheers

Sammo

The decission is EASY.

All you gotta do is buy 2 more. Keep one NIB. build one for shelf and then build the otherto drive carefully :P

I'm a bit of an amature Tamiya collector myself with 5 or 6 midels and 2 of them are new in box, a Celica GT-Four and an MRS. I'm itching to build them both but they'd look horendous if I did! :(

Why was I not blessed with any arty skills what so ever? :crybaby:

Any chance of a shot of the contence still in the box or is ait a bit late for that?

+1

Love NIB Tamiyas :D

• Like 1

Did I read right, You have wanted a certain car since you was 13, You find said car at a good price and buy it, Just so you can leave it in the box(Probably in a box)packed away for how ever many years, So you can sell it on and make a few quid profit later(I assume that's the only reason why your not building it).

Sorry, But I just don't get it.

• Like 1

Did I read right, You have wanted a certain car since you was 13, You find said car at a good price and buy it, Just so you can leave it in the box(Probably in a box)packed away for how ever many years, So you can sell it on and make a few quid profit later(I assume that's the only reason why your not building it).

Sorry, But I just don't get it.

People pay hundreds for empty boxes, this could pay for his retirement. Its called an investment.

Good on you fella, id build it myself and run it personally but each to his own.

Tamiya collectors keep them unbuilt just for the ownership! It's not all about selling it and making the pounds ;)

Just knowing you have that particual kit is such a good feeling ;) (might sound crazy to some,but it's true! :lol: )

Edited by 53HRA
  • Like 1