• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Bullet ST and MT

Garry

this may have changed my xmass list from a mini e revo vxl these things look mean looks a bit heavy and bulky for the flux motor although at least you no that its strong :lol:

Honestly cannot remember the last time HPI brought out something a little origional...

The Switch, the Cup Racer, the Formula Ten, the Nitro Wheely King, the Blitz, the Vorza, thats 6 new platforms (or enough new parts to justify classing them as a new catagory or release) all in 2009. Not to mention the Brama 18b that seems delayed.

Seriously, all the HPI-bashing is odd, when Losi just change the scaling on the technical documents...and wayhey, new chassis! :lol:

I love the GT10 so this is a welcome sight for me,I wanted a GT10 for ages and they stopped doing them so now I can get the rebadged version,they're a mental little truck for sure,the shell on the HB looked better though I think,it was based on the Silverado and the GTX2 I had was a Silverado,love the split level lighting and front grill area,it looks great.

I'd prefer the ST wheels on the MT though,thats one of the things I like about the GT10 and they look ace in black chrome with those tractor tread tyres,wonder if its gonna be priced around the same,the GT10 was

Looks nice, all based on the 1/8 buggies and truggies so it should be strong and less maintence, is the diff the same size as the 1/8 and is the diff crown and bevel an helical (spiral) cut

HPI could have made a short course 4x4 truck out of this (if HPI did this then they will be sucessful with traxxas slash 4x4 and ofna (hobao) 4x4 short course

The problem hpi have is they are alot bigger than many of the other model companies this in turn means higher outgoings, if they dont sell as many models they will have to cut back somewhere.

th r&d department seems to have taken the hit most yes they have released new platforms but they havent had a hit, the baja is getting old and i think they were all set for creating a 4wd but the recission has put paid to that and now its too late everyones bought into the 2wd are

also theyve lost out to the mini e revo the e revo and the slash theyve only just released the blitz while it is a good truck it hasnt got the market share to push the slash and sc10 down the rankings

i wish hewever when the do rebrand stuff they changed it a bit aswell instead of a new shell howabout a new chassis new diffs new suspension etc etc ?

Nice looking rc. Reminds me of the Firestorm tho.

i would say more of the mt2 the flat alyy chaise and its kinda the same layout as the mt2

just a question will the fllux work on 3s? ?

The problem hpi have is they are alot bigger than many of the other model companies this in turn means higher outgoings, if they dont sell as many models they will have to cut back somewhere.

th r&d department seems to have taken the hit most yes they have released new platforms but they havent had a hit, the baja is getting old and i think they were all set for creating a 4wd but the recission has put paid to that and now its too late everyones bought into the 2wd are

also theyve lost out to the mini e revo the e revo and the slash theyve only just released the blitz while it is a good truck it hasnt got the market share to push the slash and sc10 down the rankings

i wish hewever when the do rebrand stuff they changed it a bit aswell instead of a new shell howabout a new chassis new diffs new suspension etc etc ?

id say going back and editing a design is just as much effort as desaigning from scratch lol

The Switch, the Cup Racer, the Formula Ten, the Nitro Wheely King, the Blitz, the Vorza, thats 6 new platforms (or enough new parts to justify classing them as a new catagory or release) all in 2009. Not to mention the Brama 18b that seems delayed.

Seriously, all the HPI-bashing is odd, when Losi just change the scaling on the technical documents...and wayhey, new chassis! laugh.gif

Yeah, on the LST1 platform alone losi have realised

-OG LST1

-Raminator

-Aftershock

-Aftershock LE

- Mega Baja

All the same except for shell an wheels.......

• 4 months later...

Strange HPI didn't release the electric version at the same time, I think the bullet is a heavy car and the motor is proberly a bit small in length, I do hope the brushless is coming out as I like this, it does look tough.

• 1 month later...

Strange HPI didn't release the electric version at the same time, I think the bullet is a heavy car and the motor is proberly a bit small in length, I do hope the brushless is coming out as I like this, it does look tough.

Does anybody know when its going to be released???good.gif

saw both of these on friday in my lhs.

bloke wanted to buy a new car, looked at both the st and the mt, only 3 things got changed between them:

shell

body posts

wheels/tyres

they are the only differences betreen the 2 as far as i'm aware.

saw the same bloke running the bullet mt yesterday, good car from what i saw, good on speed and looked quite nibble in turns.

• 1 month later...