• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

32 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I cant believe how good they are for the money! 1060 + Tamiya RZ/BZ/TZ is such a great combo on 2S, you sometimes dont need brushless!

For most tamiays brushed is plenty. The 1060 + CoreRc 21t is extremely popular in stock class racing as it's cheap and works. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

For most tamiays brushed is plenty. The 1060 + CoreRc 21t is extremely popular in stock class racing as it's cheap and works. 

and there is me asking about putting brushless in my mf-01, maybe i should put the brushless in the blitzer beetle as that is now road only and use the 21t out of it for mf

7 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

and there is me asking about putting brushless in my mf-01, maybe i should put the brushless in the blitzer beetle as that is now road only and use the 21t out of it for mf

Id definitely try a brushed motor on lipo. You may not need Brushless

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Id definitely try a brushed motor on lipo. You may not need Brushless

For example. I bought a TT02R off Facebook marketplace. Built but never ran. It cost me £90 with a brand new Lancia Body & Wheels/tyres. I ordered two Brushless systems, that were around £100 each. A HobbyWing Sensored Max10 with a 3300kv moror and the same combo but 5400kv. I had a 1060 ESC and a £17 brushed motor which I used in the TT02R first. Its still in there a year later, and the Max 10 combos are still in the box haha.

Brushed with Lipo still has legs!

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Also today. Courtesy of @SWF An Astute 2022 with plenty of hop ups! Now did I want an Astute 2022? No, do I know what one is? Also no. But this seemed a great deal and no offencr to @SWF its usually me who spends hundreds on an RC and sells it with little or no use at a massive loss. So why not. Ive also sold a fair few Traxxas recently....

v3EKdl6.jpeg

A Plethora of Hop Ups. Slipper Clutch, Alloy Shocks, CVDs etc already installed. BZ Motor/1060 and spare wheels/tyres.  

JUvCUis.jpeg

NbmpHxm.jpeg

zrTh6X1.jpeg

nb63Quw.jpeg

LXKNbQj.jpeg

Credit to the seller. Its beautifully finished. Its when I buy other peoples builds I realise how bad my painting skills are 😅

Tamiya's are taking over. This was all Traxxas terroritory at the start of the year!

t6uq04e.jpeg

Was never much of a fan of the TD4 but I always thought the TD2 looked much better.  This one looks great!  I wonder if Tamiya will launch some new models based on the TD chassis in2024?  They obviously spent quite a bit of effort on that chassis and haven't done much with it yet.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

Was never much of a fan of the TD4 but I always thought the TD2 looked much better.  This one looks great!  I wonder if Tamiya will launch some new models based on the TD chassis in2024?  They obviously spent quite a bit of effort on that chassis and haven't done much with it yet.

Truth be told. Ive not really looked into it. I know next to nothing about the chassis. I just think theres some "hate" because theyve used "Avante" and "Astute" and the TD2/4 are nothing to do with the originals. Kinda like Tamiya are playing on the name....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Tamiya's are taking over. This was all Traxxas terroritory at the start of the year!

As long as it puts a smile on your face. Your man's maths usually means you buy wisely and most Tamiya still have good residuals. Hope you dont forget to occasionally dust them as assume they are all shelfers.

3 minutes ago, locky said:

As long as it puts a smile on your face. Your man's maths usually means you buy wisely and most Tamiya still have good residuals. Hope you dont forget to occasionally dust them as assume they are all shelfers.

To be fair its my only real hobby. Doesnt cost as much as it appears because at the moment Ive got the Traxxas to sell and what Im buying isnt too pricey. I sold the Summit and after fee’s and posting it out, It cleared more than the Calsonic and the Astute cost so. Its space really mainly. They get cleaned, and turned on, sometimes even used

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

You'll need a bigger shelf by the end of the month at this rate! 

Thing is the Tamiya’s are smaller. Aim mainly is space. This room will eventually be the nursery, so If i can lose a few more Traxxas’ and get it onto one shelving unit that will work. Ill still have my X Maxx, XRT, Sledge, 2x Maxx’s, a Rustler and TRX4. Then the TRX4Ms. I may even sell my Maxx, but its got literally thousands invested in it and would probably go for £400 haha. Theres also maybe 3 or 4 Tamiya Touring cars Ive got that I wouldnt be upset if I sold, but there only worth £60-80 so not really an issue at the moment. If the Revo 2.0 sells Ill get a 934 40th or 45th Anniversary but that’ll be NIB

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

I ordered a set of MJX Hypergo 1/14th rally tyres from Aliexpress that arrived very fast and check out the packaging a thick foam box with tape all round. the plan is to use these on my rally conversion on my M06 or MF-01x but they may be a tad to small though they do indeed fit, if not im sure i will get an MJX 1/14th rally Lancia pretty soon, maybe very soon!

I had bought the M-06 chassis a while back and ran into some hiccups that put it on hold but its nice with a ton of yeah racing hop ups so gonna get it done, maybe a bit of a drift car, and patiently waiting for the MF-01x Fiat body to come in stock 

package.JPG

mjx wheels.JPG

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

I ordered a set of MJX Hypergo 1/14th rally tyres from Aliexpress that arrived very fast and check out the packaging a thick foam box with tape all round. the plan is to use these on my rally conversion on my M06 or MF-01x but they may be a tad to small though they do indeed fit, if not im sure i will get an MJX 1/14th rally Lancia pretty soon, maybe very soon!

I had bought the M-06 chassis a while back and ran into some hiccups that put it on hold but its nice with a ton of yeah racing hop ups so gonna get it done, maybe a bit of a drift car, and patiently waiting for the MF-01x Fiat body to come in stock 

package.JPG

mjx wheels.JPG

Ping the the link please for the wheels/tires please.