• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

8 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Thats great that youve gone with a rear motor’d chassis for a 911! I need to do the same. I originally had the TA-02SW 993 GT2 like your shell and the Tamico 934. I paid around €400 Euro for both at the time, but sold them. Theyre probably over a grand now 😞

L&L have what they call kit in bag m-06 chassis for £75 and the body is about £24, you would need a set of wheels, but it would be a low cost scale 911, mine has a lot of alloy hop ups that may well of cost more than the stock car alone, if you go for it watch out the m06 is a bit odd as to what wheels fit, you need slightly smaller diameter tyres and negative offset

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Dumbo have certainly came a long way looking at that, I do wish theyd change their name mind…..

Yep, good radio. When i used one on speed run i cut tape and placed it over the Dumbo name....made me feel better about holding it lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Im over the moon with it! Nothing these days quite looks like this era of Tamiya IMO. Could just be nostalgia. Crazy I know but owning this means more to me than bashing one of my Traxxas'! I really need to get my butt into gear and sell some so I can buy some "investments". Thats what I call them anyway haha!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

This is my 2nd M07 however im planning on racing it at my local club in Stevenage on a Thursday evening, now that I unfortunately spend a few days a week up there for my office days I can go straight after work 😂

I'm not planning on building this just yet as I'll do a PJ order for some goodies. 

20231102_184724.jpg

Nice, i like the m class models but they do have a few niggles, like silly size wheel nuts

14 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Nice, i like the m class models but they do have a few niggles, like silly size wheel nuts

They are standard M4 nuts? 

I've owned from the M03-M07 and they all use M4 nuts, tamiya reuse as much as they can across their models there's a lot of common parts with order models of that era.

10 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

They are standard M4 nuts? 

I've owned from the M03-M07 and they all use M4 nuts, tamiya reuse as much as they can across their models there's a lot of common parts with order models of that era.

the Porsche wheels use stupid special ones that yes are M4 thread but m3 across the flats only place i can find them is a drift shop in holland and will cost near 30 euro shipped !! they are MST ones

35 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

the Porsche wheels use stupid special ones that yes are M4 thread but m3 across the flats only place i can find them is a drift shop in holland and will cost near 30 euro shipped !! they are MST ones

Ahh that's the wheels not the chassis 

• Like 1

Some adapters to be able to use the small receiver.  Wasn't convinced I had ordered the correct ones as they took some convincing to fit, but tested and seems fine.  The adapters kind of make the small size pointless, but I might find a use at some point.

Pic next to standard receiver in case anyone was interested in seeing the size difference.

PXL_20231103_165758494.jpg

• Like 3