• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

1 minute ago, totlxtc said:

You…disappointed. Im shocked! Usually they call you Mr Lucky 😜

We don't get called ''God's chosen few'' without good reason - besides the backwards and uncivilised neighbours.

It was yesterday but didn't get around to posting it.  New to me gatekeeper for easy trail days.  Set up yesterday ready for the Saturday meeting at painswick beacon.   Should be fun. 

PXL_20230418_120834805.jpg

• Like 3

So my latest Plaza Japan order just landed. For those of you not familiar with Plaza Japan, they still price in Japanese Yen,  not USD, as I believe their economy isnt great, theyre one of the few places its still worth importing from right now. Postage isnt cheap, and I usually just buy a far amount of stuff to make it worth while. I usually pay around £20 postage and luckily havent been hit with any taxes thus far. They seem to take a while to "ship" but once it ships its normally at my door within 3/4 days?

However it does mean you add random stuff. So I bought some sets of Tyres and Tyre Foam. The Tyres work out around £3 a pair and the Foams less than a quid, so why not, theyll do for the TA-02s Ive bought. I also added an TZ motor to go with my previous BZ, just need the RZ now for the 3, why have I bought another brushed motor I hear you ask? They were £17 (vs £52 over here) so. 

gp3dKzs.jpeg

you also get random rubber eraser things, because Japan

aijd5bF.jpeg

Then the reason for the order and something for a project that might not go ahead now because I recently splurged on some TA-02s, and need to get some service work done on my Van. 

But Ive got a TT02 SRX on the way from Japan. My idea was to make a sort of "Ultimate" TT-02 as close to a TRF as possible. Using genuine Tamiya bits. I was then going to add a Lancia Integralle Rally Body/wheel set and have it shelved with my other 90s rally cars. However, thats probably going to turn into a £600 shelfer, even more with electrics, of something thats not particularly desirable or capable. I could get an Avante/Egress/934 ReRe for that.....

Might sell it all NIB at a loss, but hey the idea was there. Still not 100%. Either way I did order a few hop ups for it. Again all from Plaza, with the stuff above, I think this entire order was around £120 inc postage. 

g3rUBZr.jpeg

However, Tamiya Bling, and I kinda wanna build a kit and finish a body. Even though a TT02 isnt exactly exciting, the shimmed TRF arms etc at least make it a bit more exciting? I dunno. Check for sale section soon if you fancy this. Maybe. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

So my latest Plaza Japan order just landed. For those of you not familiar with Plaza Japan, they still price in Japanese Yen,  not USD, as I believe their economy isnt great, theyre one of the few places its still worth importing from right now. Postage isnt cheap, and I usually just buy a far amount of stuff to make it worth while. I usually pay around £20 postage and luckily havent been hit with any taxes thus far. They seem to take a while to "ship" but once it ships its normally at my door within 3/4 days?

However it does mean you add random stuff. So I bought some sets of Tyres and Tyre Foam. The Tyres work out around £3 a pair and the Foams less than a quid, so why not, theyll do for the TA-02s Ive bought. I also added an TZ motor to go with my previous BZ, just need the RZ now for the 3, why have I bought another brushed motor I hear you ask? They were £17 (vs £52 over here) so. 

gp3dKzs.jpeg

you also get random rubber eraser things, because Japan

aijd5bF.jpeg

Then the reason for the order and something for a project that might not go ahead now because I recently splurged on some TA-02s, and need to get some service work done on my Van. 

But Ive got a TT02 SRX on the way from Japan. My idea was to make a sort of "Ultimate" TT-02 as close to a TRF as possible. Using genuine Tamiya bits. I was then going to add a Lancia Integralle Rally Body/wheel set and have it shelved with my other 90s rally cars. However, thats probably going to turn into a £600 shelfer, even more with electrics, of something thats not particularly desirable or capable. I could get an Avante/Egress/934 ReRe for that.....

Might sell it all NIB at a loss, but hey the idea was there. Still not 100%. Either way I did order a few hop ups for it. Again all from Plaza, with the stuff above, I think this entire order was around £120 inc postage. 

g3rUBZr.jpeg

However, Tamiya Bling, and I kinda wanna build a kit and finish a body. Even though a TT02 isnt exactly exciting, the shimmed TRF arms etc at least make it a bit more exciting? I dunno. Check for sale section soon if you fancy this. Maybe. 

Do they have complete Tamiya kits, for example the new BBX at good prices?

9 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Seems to be older stuff, and not many kits in stock. BBX has been delayed Worldwide too apparantly?

I did have a quick look because I was considering trying to order direct from Japan.  Haven't seen any BBX kits delivered to customers yet.  I would assume that the Japanese market will get them first.  Modelsport is still quoting 01 May as the expected date but if the stock is shipped by sea I would expect the arrival date to be 2-3 months after the release in Japan.

5 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

I did have a quick look because I was considering trying to order direct from Japan.  Haven't seen any BBX kits delivered to customers yet.  I would assume that the Japanese market will get them first.  Modelsport is still quoting 01 May as the expected date but if the stock is shipped by sea I would expect the arrival date to be 2-3 months after the release in Japan.

I dont think the BBX is out full stop till the end of July regardless of Market?

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

I want that case so bad!

You can buy the Flysky hard case separately, but they are around a third of the price of the Noble Pro transmitter bundle - the Noble Pro Transmitter, the receivers included - mine came with 9 receivers, battery, charging stand, and accessories.  Modelsports actually sell much better cases for transmitters for quite a bit less than Flysky sell their hard case for the Noble Pro.

Edited by Grogg
  • Like 1

A package from Greens models for the CrossRC AT4V this is just to replace the main metal plate that holds motor and transmission, thanks to the poor design and maybe previous owner being heavy handed doing up the screws, i only found out that the plate was broken due to having to do a mod on the unfinished truck, speaking my mind i am falling out with this truck and its not even finished! I tend to shy away from overly complicated rigs, start adding 2 speed box diff locks and such more to go wrong, more parts to fail and have to say for the most these types of features are more gimmick than real function, i dont see me keeping it, even tempted to sell of parts and be done, but i guess i have to get it to a running stage, though it wont have diff locks and not likely to even have the 2 speed set up then its going

Greens.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, totlxtc said:

IT'S SOOOO SHINY AND CARBONY! You would LOVE it!

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice enough case, what lets it down in my opinion is the way the foam inserts have been cut out, they're been cut out to display the transmitter and the included accessories, rather than for practicality, who's going to take the charging pad, several receivers, different wheels, pads for the wheels... when they take their RC out.   It would have been so mush better if the charging pad and various accessories where packaged separately and only the transmitter was in the same size of case with the minimum amount of foam cubes removed to house the transmitter securely, that would have made it perfect, leaving the owner as much space and as many cubes as possible to do with as they please for whatever they bring with them when they take their RC out.  If I could get replacement foam, to replace the foam layer that they used to display the package, it'd be great, as it is I can't find any.