• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

6 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Blitzer beetle is ace, i have  20t brushed motor in mine and its sweet

Bug driver.JPG

I really wanted to get one of these instead of the TT-02, but was out voted by my mates.

I had FPV equipment delivered today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grogg said:

I really wanted to get one of these instead of the TT-02, but was out voted by my mates.

I had FPV equipment delivered today.

dont let ur m8's decide for you, grab a tamiya lunch box thank me later 😛

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

dont let ur m8's decide for you, grab a tamiya lunch box thank me later 😛

We have a sort of wee unofficial club and competitions with each other going.  And they've been doing this for a lot longer than I have, so a lot of models that I've no experience with, these guys have already done -  though not the Blitzer Beetle.  Their 60+mph Blackfoots are seriously impressive, but also involved seriously time, effort, a lot of money and body shells - I don't even think they can be called Tamiyas anymore they've been modified that much.

When it comes to thrashing around, yes, I'll buy what interests me, like the HPI Savage X I'm considering, none of my mates have one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

cool so 2 out and 4 in sounds good to me lol :rofl:

Update. Still alive. I now have 2 Pilot Sport Cossies and 3 Focus’ so Ill sell one Cossie, then hopefully my Stampede, Merc and the Focus sell and Ill actually have more money than when I started so not toooo bad provided the Stampede/Focus/Merc sell ok

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Guys Ill explain later but if you dont hear off me the Mrs has murdered me

RnRFPCz.jpeg

I might be mistaken but the Mobil 1 Cosworth might be mine from the childhood that I sold a few years back.  The dark blue whale tail and metallic green parcel shelf look very familiar!

• Like 1

Quite a bit today;

First off the Yeah Racing oil filled diffs for the TT-02 for my TT-02 challenge with my mates - I'm doing both front and rear:

YeahRacingOillFilledDiffforTT-02.thumb.jpg.e5d678f6711c0a451a87aba677441394.jpg

Second off a few extra body shells for my TT-02 build, just in case the McLaren Senna body shell I already bought isn't up to the task, two MonTech M10 Bodies and a Bitty Design GT AGATA:

BodyShellsforTT-02Build.thumb.jpg.a5547de2dbe900172fd712b3e7fde561.jpg

And lastly a few engines and ESCs for my TT-02 build - I don't plan on using all of them at the same time, and may mix and match engines with a different ESC to the one in the combo kit it came with - trying to avoid using Castle again like I did for my HoBao Hyper Caged Truggy

CollectionofHobbyWingESCandEnginesforTT-02Build.thumb.jpg.eaddf497fb27f1658521765ea99996ff.jpg

Hopefully I now have everything I need to complete my TT-0w build for my wee competition with mates, no doubt I will have forgotten things, not realised I need parts, or have bought parts that are not right.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

A nice haul :good:

I'm a little disappointed with the body shells to be honest, I'd much prefer if they had hard plastic wings instead of polycarbonate ones.  That maybe something I do next, try and source better wings for these body shells, the style the Tamiys McLaren Senna came with is very good, if not excellent.