• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

8 minutes ago, ChrisT said:

Nice purchase :D Are you going boxart with that or one colour?

Boxarting the shell is tedious iff I'm honest. You don't get window masks so you'll have to make your own. Easiest way I found was make some out of paper first then transfer onto Tamiya 87130 masking sheets.

Obviousley, the body is 4 different colours, so iff you don't have the paint in your parts box then that is additional costs. Also, the grill is 4 different colours but is Acrylic not polycarbonate, so thats 8 cans of paint in total. I cheaped out on the grill and just painted it all red :rolleyes:  Add to that a pot of gold acrylic brush on paint for the wheels. (it's all adding up now)

Also, the wheels with stock hex's sit under the arches an awful lot, Myself personally didn't like the look so fitted some TT-02 wide hex's which were left over from a kit.

Here's a few pics for inspiration :

mw6jBiI.jpg

52Ye2v1.jpg

CmUY6Ex.jpg

aJ0Vj2S.jpg

badass....:good::good:

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, QRC said:

Excellent choice, although get the steering servo upgraded asap. :good:

52 minutes ago, 300bhp/ton said:

BCBFF89E-2EAE-45A3-8F7F-6F549DC0580F.jpg

Drop one of these in, cheap and cheerful, excellent upgrade,

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-high-performance-race-servo-high-torque-/rc-car-products/359784

• Thanks 1

Just now, evssv said:

u must b reading my mind dude..:@.@:..its in my ebay watch list aswell.....:good:

lol I don't like all of them, just a few that appeal to me. That little fella is a kind of a double act for a future project ;)

Also got the Hilux incoming and the Land Cruiser (because it was cheap)

3 hours ago, ChrisT said:

Nice purchase :D Are you going boxart with that or one colour?

Boxarting the shell is tedious iff I'm honest. You don't get window masks so you'll have to make your own. Easiest way I found was make some out of paper first then transfer onto Tamiya 87130 masking sheets.

Obviousley, the body is 4 different colours, so iff you don't have the paint in your parts box then that is additional costs. Also, the grill is 4 different colours but is Acrylic not polycarbonate, so thats 8 cans of paint in total. I cheaped out on the grill and just painted it all red :rolleyes:  Add to that a pot of gold acrylic brush on paint for the wheels. (it's all adding up now)

Also, the wheels with stock hex's sit under the arches an awful lot, Myself personally didn't like the look so fitted some TT-02 wide hex's which were left over from a kit.

Here's a few pics for inspiration :

mw6jBiI.jpg

52Ye2v1.jpg

CmUY6Ex.jpg

aJ0Vj2S.jpg

Very nice mate and as for this kit its staying boxed and being put away. I do have the mx5 shelled m05 chassis that I will build once I get a few more hop ups for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evssv said:

:lol:...well no one can ever moan my stuff aint  packed/wrapped well;)

Yeh was probably the best wrapped package I've had in a while. had my trusty knife. While being careful not to scratch the shell lol 

• Haha 1

Not the postie but I collected this little lot yesterday.

2_ADEA5_C9-7_D25-405_A-_A3_CD-1_F552_CB2

sadly though, not all mine. A mate has asked me to build him a truck based on the Scania r620. With a little twist :whistling:

the new build  Tamiya rally beetle is payment for the build, got a little plan for this chassis.

the lunchbox he let me have for £50 so couldn’t say no really (this will be a family car for us all to use) will have all the necessary mods done too.

oh and a 1/24 Cressida static model, mate gave it to me to build to see if I like it before buying my own.

lastly this, asked if I could repair it for him. (Remote for reference)

835_E046_D-0_B69-4905-_BF5_C-1134_E302_A

So so that’s me busy for a while :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, big gaz said:

Not the postie but I collected this little lot yesterday.

2_ADEA5_C9-7_D25-405_A-_A3_CD-1_F552_CB2

sadly though, not all mine. A mate has asked me to build him a truck based on the Scania r620. With a little twist :whistling:

the new build  Tamiya rally beetle is payment for the build, got a little plan for this chassis.

the lunchbox he let me have for £50 so couldn’t say no really (this will be a family car for us all to use) will have all the necessary mods done too.

oh and a 1/24 Cressida static model, mate gave it to me to build to see if I like it before buying my own.

lastly this, asked if I could repair it for him. (Remote for reference)

835_E046_D-0_B69-4905-_BF5_C-1134_E302_A

So so that’s me busy for a while :rofl:

Really good mate there

like the sky remote 

Neil