• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

3 hours ago, Carpmart said:

Wow Mot, more gardening equipment.   The new hobby to replace RC? :) 

Always enjoyed a bit of gardening, mainly the cutting down of the old to make way for the new! 

No home grown veg other than lettuce, mind ;)

1 hour ago, buntonn said:

Four deliveries and I have an Associated RC10 worlds car, all the parts to build it and transmitter, charger etc as this is my first real RC.

nice. i wish my first proper rc arrived all on the same day. takes a bit of the shine off when your waiting a week for a part!

Tower Hobbies continuing to both impress me and make me laugh with excess packaging. A £26 Reciever (+ £3.50 Postage from most UK Stores). $20.89 posted from them....

7415F04C-D640-4E25-BF68-CA81143E72BA_zps

$0.89 Postage! got here in two weeks, although I expect most of that was faffing in the UK....

AC8BB3D4-C17C-4B8B-A1D4-B6A560269521_zps

Just need the Slash 4x4 to put it in now.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Tower Hobbies continuing to both impress me and make me laugh with excess packaging. A £26 Reciever (+ £3.50 Postage from most UK Stores). $20.89 posted from them....

7415F04C-D640-4E25-BF68-CA81143E72BA_zps

$0.89 Postage! got here in two weeks, although I expect most of that was faffing in the UK....

AC8BB3D4-C17C-4B8B-A1D4-B6A560269521_zps

Just need the Slash 4x4 to put it in now.....

Iv'e had a similar thing with Tower Hobbies. Ordered a 1/18 motor heat sink, paid $1.99 shipping and an A3 jiffy bag turns up with about 3 magazines and a Tower Hobbies catalogue inside. Weighed a fair bit :confused:

Got myself a Traxxarse. Came with countless packets of spares, spur gears, gearbox sprockets etc, all the original tools that come with it new and some air filters, springs etc, another set of wheels and tyres, the lay-Z start with battery and charger and unexpectedly a near full bottle of fuel!

a765dac6729d0af5b5b9dd49949f4f4d.jpg503634feefe11f08f90d73376eeccc75.jpg

Quite a lot bigger than I thought for a 1/106ed242084c79a819cda42d93e911fbb4.jpg

The answer to a prayer: GPm hex adaptors for 2wd Tamiya buggies, allowing any brand of front wheel with a 12mm hex to be fitted.

Tis the small things that sometimes make the biggest impact.....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Burridge said:

I did mate, sold another roller for 30 odd so essentially got 3 runners for free :D

Personally think the buyer of that Tamiya chassis is abit nuts but whatever turns you on eh!! :lol:

I've got my eye on something too. Looking at keeping the spare parts out of it all then throwing it back on at the same ££££. Hopefully getting a load of free spares :lol:

• Like 1

I may never have mentioned this, but I am in fact a big fan of the Alien franchise- first 3 movies especially. With that in mind, I bought... something ( non-rc, so sue me :P ):

sYsSStpw.jpg

Having studied various other reviews and such, I have decided to do a partial tear-down and will replace the horrid, skinny pvc wiring and mini-tamyia connectors ( I think I cringed rather a lot when I saw those... ) with some much nicer, fatter, silicon insulated wire and EC5 connectors, along with a 2s lipo to power it. Will also do some light weathering paint effects to make it look 'used', rather than brand new. 

• Like 1

I may never have mentioned this, but I am in fact a big fan of the Alien franchise- first 3 movies especially. With that in mind, I bought... something ( non-rc, so sue me [emoji14] ):

sYsSStpw.jpg

Having studied various other reviews and such, I have decided to do a partial tear-down and will replace the horrid, skinny pvc wiring and mini-tamyia connectors ( I think I cringed rather a lot when I saw those... ) with some much nicer, fatter, silicon insulated wire and EC5 connectors, along with a 2s lipo to power it. Will also do some light weathering paint effects to make it look 'used', rather than brand new. 

Looks smart mate, I used to be into air soft and had a KWA M11, was pretty mad tbf, then invested in a BSA Lightning .177 :lol: