• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

30 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

How about this…..

I was after a Green Battery Mount to allow me to run a 6S lipo in my Maxx…. Nowhere had it in stock in Green…..

I asked on the Traxxas forum, theyre all American and were puzzled as to why I was struggling, as it was on Amazon Prime USA. So I ordered it on the 8th July. 

This arrived in my letter box at 10:45pm on Monday the 12th….. 3 days after dispatch….. Im speechless. Maybe Amazon taking over the world isnt a bad thing……

uVkPN7W.jpg

I had really speedy service and they pay the tax and if no claim is made they refund you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alex97 said:

I had really speedy service and they pay the tax and if no claim is made they refund you.

Ive never considered using  it before! I paid a fortune for it for what it is with tax etc, but the service is incredible 

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

How about this…..

I was after a Green Battery Mount to allow me to run a 6S lipo in my Maxx…. Nowhere had it in stock in Green…..

I asked on the Traxxas forum, theyre all American and were puzzled as to why I was struggling, as it was on Amazon Prime USA. So I ordered it on the 8th July. 

This arrived in my letter box at 10:45pm on Monday the 12th….. 3 days after dispatch….. Im speechless. Maybe Amazon taking over the world isnt a bad thing……

uVkPN7W.jpg

That’s pretty impressive, but isn’t prime meant to be next day? 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ive never considered using  it before! I paid a fortune for it for what it is with tax etc, but the service is incredible 

On low value items that they stock shipping was £6 for me. 

20 hours ago, Alex97 said:

Cheers for that  managed to find one for the slash LCG  been looking for ages. 👍

8 hours ago, BigGinge said:

Finally got my hands on my LC racing EMB-T truggy kit that’s been on back order for the last couple of months. 

FE7C2923-B17A-40EC-B775-5573B349E6AE.jpeg

Was that from DMS?   If it was then I really hope it means my EMB-MT that I ordered back in Feb might be in!

2 hours ago, MrCake said:

Was that from DMS?   If it was then I really hope it means my EMB-MT that I ordered back in Feb might be in!

It was from DMS, got a call yesterday to say it had turned up and to take payment then it turned up just before lunch time today. 

Fingers crossed they got a bunch of the monster trucks in at the same time. 

15 hours ago, BigGinge said:

It was from DMS, got a call yesterday to say it had turned up and to take payment then it turned up just before lunch time today. 

Fingers crossed they got a bunch of the monster trucks in at the same time. 

I sent them a message and they said they said more has been ordered but will be on a slow boat  of about 6 weeks  so i ordered one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

I’d get some of this too as lead-free solder is lousy

Cheers bud, but i'll probably just use the stuff I use at work that I get from my local plumbing store (which is leaded)

105851414_leadsolder.png.9b6f2eda12d5e4effb843fd784d7bcf6.png

Edited by James.S

15 minutes ago, James.S said:

Cheers bud, but i'll probably just use the stuff I use at work that I get from my local plumbing store (which is leaded)

105851414_leadsolder.png.9b6f2eda12d5e4effb843fd784d7bcf6.png

Is it flux cored?    It’s a massive PITA soldering electronics with uncored solder IMO

13 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Monster Beetle chassis? Wild one wheels too? Whats the plan? 

Bizarrely it’s a genuine Frog chassis that’s been spray painted red! 😂

The plan is to fix the front suspension and fit it up with a Kamtec lexan Sand Scorcher repro body. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

I’d get some of this too as lead-free solder is lousy

Weller Rl60/40-100 General Purpose Solder Resin Core

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001P171A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_40918SS1YSWSTT3HGXWD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Aye, cheers.

15 hours ago, James.S said:

Looks like a great deal, just ordered one myself! 😄

Aye, not bad is it. Decent little kit by all accounts when I've opened it up. Nice case too which was the attractive bit for me (like to try and keep things somewhat tidy!)

• Like 1