• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

3x 70x450mm sheets of 1.1mm aluminium sheets for the speed build. 

They are actually door handle fingers so it's a regulatory available size so they only cost £1.34 each which isn't too bad. 

I used the same finger plates to make a skid plate for the Hyper MT I had years ago 👍 

4 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I used the same finger plates to make a skid plate for the Hyper MT I had years ago 👍 

I originally wanted nylon however I couldn't find a sheet in the length that I wanted.

It's not the best looking sheet however it's perfect for my needs. 

A new body and wing from Phat, its the Turbo, a bit more old school looking, I’m not so keen on the cab forward look.( a clear body doesn’t photograph that well!)

A662536C-F98C-46B5-8385-3BD1C9DF3A89.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

A new body and wing from Phat, its the Turbo, a bit more old school looking, I’m not so keen on the cab forward look.( a clear body doesn’t photograph that well!)

A662536C-F98C-46B5-8385-3BD1C9DF3A89.jpeg

Nice, I had this shell in green on my original EMB-1 about 8 years ago, the larger cab made it much easier to mount the esc on the chassis brace 👍 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Nice, I had this shell in green on my original EMB-1 about 8 years ago, the larger cab made it much easier to mount the esc on the chassis brace 👍 

Yes, I saw it, it came up on a search when I was looking for images 👍

• Like 1

My  posty got back onto the Christmas card list this morning.. 

Shocks for my VS4-10

Pzu6xCI.jpg

Scalerfab haul, and with NO customs charge 😱

I just couldn’t wait to see how it looked 

3QQdMVD.jpg

Rear bumper doesn’t actually have a home at the mo - and the bag of tabs are for metal fab..

FcuyUD1.jpg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, CarlC said:

@Andy-Roo I do love Scalerfab parts

This is my first order from them and yes, they are very nice and well made.  The front bumper was originally for the VS4-10, but it’s a little too wide for the Yota body but fits the 10.2 perfectly.  I think with a bit more practice and the right materials I could make something similar. 

• Like 1

New transmitter. Upgrade to the gt3b I have. Although only had gt3b 3 weeks thought be better of with this one long term. So gt3 will be up for sale at the weekend with lipo conversion I have done to it

20200612_230248.jpg

• Like 1

bought to much stuff this week, and not all of it arrived.

paint some one sold them for 3.75 euro a can, 2 bleu bird servo, tires and wheels, eneloop batteries for my transmitters.

ta-03f chassis with parts, 2 bodies the yellow one is not so nice is painted with the wrong paint, the silver one is very nice and I think it is an expert build body and never used.

and a rare ta-03f rear gearbox housing and suspension parts that I found very cheap.

49988737307_b02e142e05_c.jpg

50001042367_5b9478b2b1_c.jpg

50000264713_9dfee6e48d_c.jpg

50001040652_bfc56bd02d_c.jpg

50001750221_94ffcfb58a_c.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Another excuse from FedEx. Does it really take an entire day to get through each distribution centre in the UK? emoji2959.png

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You really aren’t having much luck with Fedex mate. It’s frustrating enough waiting for parts at the best of times 😫

Another cheap 12 quid servo, I'm impressed with these so far, Not the smoothest, But quick enough for bashing, And holding up well turning big wheels on the Muggy, And the Alloy horn is worth a couple quid.

Did just use PowerHD, But they appear to have gone the same way as Leopard motors, Start off cheap, Get good reviews, Pump up The price.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, babylon said:

Another cheap 12 quid servo, I'm impressed with these so far, Not the smoothest, But quick enough for bashing, And holding up well turning big wheels on the Muggy, And the Alloy horn is worth a couple quid.

Did just use PowerHD, But they appear to have gone the same way as Leopard motors, Start off cheap, Get good reviews, Pump up The price.

spacer.png

I hate these things with a passion 😂

So slowwww 😩

It was advertised with a speed of 0.1s to 60° but it was at least triple that

Edited by fnknan

25 minutes ago, fnknan said:

I hate these things with a passion 😂

So slowwww 😩

It was advertised with a speed of 0.1s to 60° but it was at least triple that

If I'm racing for first place at the next IFMAR 1/8 buggy World Championships I'll take that on board, But throwing a Buggy or Truggy around the local wast ground and generally driving it like I nicked it, I can live with   0.3s to 60° for 12 quid.😉