• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Turnigy Reaktor 1000w charger that I ordered yesterday :thumbsup:

Beings I get warranty with this I might use this one and keep my other 1000 as a backup instead.

Got a helping hands thingy as well but not quite what I thought it was. More for painting so that may as well go :rolleyes:

On 3/30/2017 at 16:47, Oh How Original said:

Ahhh, I actually have a couple of those already, one I couldn't get to work, the other I've not opened yet due to the first one lol... Hopefully you have more luck :D 

Works on the bench but it's only a Maverick ESC/RX on NiMH.  I had to work out where the reverse and brake LEDs were supposed to go as the ones on the instructions were wrong and also had to switch one of the tiny switch things too.  Also not tried with the servo and motor attached yet... should probably do that before spending hours getting the LED installed.

3 hours ago, ghazghul said:

Works on the bench but it's only a Maverick ESC/RX on NiMH.  I had to work out where the reverse and brake LEDs were supposed to go as the ones on the instructions were wrong and also had to switch one of the tiny switch things too.  Also not tried with the servo and motor attached yet... should probably do that before spending hours getting the LED installed.

I'd be interested to see how you've wired them all up, to see if it was my mistake or a faulty part, if it was my mistake I might try this other set I've got.

On 29/03/2017 at 20:27, ghazghul said:

A GoolRC branded 12 LED light set which (after ignoring the instructions re what port to put which light in and just figuring it out instead) work really well.  Impressed for £10. Now I have 5x as many wires to cram into the Evoque hard body.  If I buy a HW WP-1080 I could delay looking at it a week or so...

On 29/03/2017 at 22:57, Oh How Original said:

Linky to it please?

I think this is the same one? Did a search what ghazghul suggested and ordered one.

DSCF1084_zpskuaacjtl.jpg

DSCF1087_zpshqst49bb.jpg

Dispatched very quickly and arrived next day. Tried it out and its all good. Better than the Killerbody kits IMO, you actually get 2 pairs of orange LED's in this kit for front and rear indicators.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331912582583?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by ChrisT

I think this is the same one? Did a search what ghazghul suggested and ordered one.

DSCF1084_zpskuaacjtl.jpg

DSCF1087_zpshqst49bb.jpg

Dispatched very quickly and arrived next day. Tried it out and its all good. Better than the Killerbody kits IMO, you actually get 2 pairs of orange LED's in this kit for front and rear indicators.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331912582583?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's the same as mine, just different packaging and instructions (mine were on back of packaging).

I found I had to put the brake leds in socket 8 and turn off the reverse switch for 8. Then the reverse leds went in port 6. The rest were as per instructions.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Cheers, as previously said, I had one, that didn't work, but it might have been me wiring it up wrong lol.
I didn't get that little bit of paper with either of them, showing where everything goes to work correctly!

I'll get a picture of the instructions card for you.

Just now, ghazghul said:

That's the same as mine, just different packaging and instructions (mine were on back of packaging.

I found I had to put the brake leds in socket 8 and turn off the reverse switch for 8. Then the reverse leds went in port 6. The rest were as per instructions.

I figured that out too. Something wasn't right so studied what the led's were doing from which port and swapped them.

If you want bigger intructions I can scan these in? Just let me know.

9 minutes ago, evssv said:

That's because ....they sent me 2 of them:o......and I've only paidfor the 1:D.

Be decent and contact them of their mistake. They will more likely 'write it off' and let you keep it. But if they do ask for it back, make sure they pay for the P&P charges.

• Like 2