• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya TA04 Loctite Zexel Skyline #58269

Kpowell911

Ill explain and update further when its not New Years Eve haha. But for now, the Paint Cleaner and a respray has came out quite well I think

dWMwKWe.jpeg

However, Ill never ever make this close to perfect as the decals are hilariously carnage! Im not talented enough to match these decals together over curves and a bonnet vent 😂😂

dXKX6jU.jpeg

fbiwpXv.jpeg

Its made me feel much Better about everything, as I was never going to get it perfect, but the main thing is I tried my best. Im glad I never got this kit as a 12 year old haha. 

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

You can use washing up liquid in water to help slide the decals into place then use either a cloth or kitchen tissue to wipe the water off 

Happy new Year mate 

Does it then fully dry and keep the stickiness?

yeh i didnt think it would work when 1st told about it

but tried it and it works just try not move or to touch the decals till all the water dries up and they do seem to stick fine 

Done it 2-3 times now 

Posted (edited)

Right. Just glad this is over to be honest…..

Ive learnt a lot, and in the long run saved myself a lot of money. Im happy I managed to turn the paint situation round, but as expected. The decals were impossible. I believe its a combination of a lack of skill/talent from me, and theres definately something not right with the decals. Some areas, even just simple parts just didnt stick. The second the came off the backing paper if felt like there was no adhesive at all. Even sticking flat simple stickers down didnt work. It is what it is. It looks better than it did in the box, it wasnt a mega expensive kit, and I thoroughly enjoyed the building experience of the TA04. Of all the GTRs, this appears the hardest to decal, maybe I shouldve found one of these pre done, and tackled a Calsonic as thats simpler. It has saved me money as theres £600 of vintage NIB Shells on eBay Id have probably at least made an offer on and painted up id I had the skills. Ill attempt to find a better example or this shell and may end up using this shell. Who knows….

Z9b8s9N.jpeg

K9UST8C.jpeg

How Gran Turismo does this bottom shelf look?!

nQTmm1u.jpeg

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 2

Doesnt look to bad mate but you could use small amounts of UHU multi purpose glue to tac down any bits not sticking :good:

Ps deleted the posts in wrong thread 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Doesnt look to bad mate but you could use small amounts of UHU multi purpose glue to tac down any bits not sticking :good:

UHU POR its plastic and foam safe, this is a superb Adhesive, can be used "Wet" as in apply and join the 2 surfaces or "contact" 

44 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Thank you, I gpt confused and posted in the wrong areas haha

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...