• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cross RC NT4 Unimog

Lone-wolf

2 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

I was working on a driver figure but a comment some where else put me of the idea

Don't let that put you off, it's your truck. Think it would look good with an interior. Currently working on one for my still ongoing mauler/cliffhanger project 😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

I was working on a driver figure but a comment some where else put me of the idea

I hope it wasnt my comment. You do you. Its your truck, I personally prefer the black sticker windows over a driver and interior, you and plenty of other people cant stand the black windows and put a figure inside, because thats how you feel the truck looks most scale. Im probably in the minority of preferring no figure (I didnt even paint the one for my BBX) as I feel Im driving, so why does it need a figure? Others feel that if its going to be scale it needs to have a driver, because after all, it its scale, its not driving itself.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I hope it wasnt my comment. You do you. Its your truck, I personally prefer the black sticker windows over a driver and interior, you and plenty of other people cant stand the black windows and put a figure inside, because thats how you feel the truck looks most scale. Im probably in the minority of preferring no figure (I didnt even paint the one for my BBX) as I feel Im driving, so why does it need a figure? Others feel that if its going to be scale it needs to have a driver, because after all, it its scale, its not driving itself.

Yes it was your comment but not taken in a bad way, its the thought in my mind trying to stuff action man in the cab, im very 50/50 when it comes to figures, like you say we drive not the little dude inside, if they are not 100% right then they just look plain wrong, yes the cross is a bit of a scale rig but its been bought as a more than capable off road truck

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Yes it certainly would be, i bet at the end of the day the difference will be tyre choice and which body puts most weight up top

I might have to make this happen when weather gets a little better

the AT4 is same platform as the NT4 so this gives an idea of how TRX4 compares 

• Like 1

I've had my eye on these since they were announced so will be following your thread with great interest.  Then comes the inevitable question this or the ecto!

Edited by stretch

5 minutes ago, stretch said:

I've had my eye on these since they were announced so will be following your thread with great interest.  Then comes the inevitable question this or the ecto!

This might come as a surprise but as a top crawler out of the box i feel the Ecto will out perform the Cross, not to say the Cross is gonna be shoddy but i just dont think it will out perform the Ecto

I wish Axial hadn't discontinued the Mog they made in the past....

On a side note, I'm all for driver figures in trail trucks but they HAVE to be the correct sizing or it just looks silly..

• Like 1

Mine arrived yesterday and I gave it it's first run today...

It was choice between this or an ecto for me as well, but I decided that I wanted a more scale looking truck and that would keep my utb18 as a more performance orientated model.

It's a nice truck and drives well out of the box, it does need a little weight low down so I have some wheels on the way for it.

As, much like you I will be adding some "junk" and possibly the ally load bed... So can pile it up😄

• Like 1

I got a new thing for the cross NT4, a better radio as the stock rebadged Dumbo X4 is just 4 channel but has a 6 channel RX, so i got this new Dumbo X6PM-350 to future proof this setup, also the tiny magnetic cable connectors arrived so i can at last wire up the roof strobe light beacon

x6PM-350.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Hmmm i really like 6 wheelers i must , must ,must resist :rofl:

Supposing you were to get one i do wonder if you would feel a little disappointed with it, i wont be selling my model as i really wanted a 425 Mog, but i wont have another Cross model

• Like 1

Got light bar wired up and set truck up with new Dumbo radio, i really like this X6PM very nice to use  . I have a little bit of trim detail arriving very soon that will really look smart on this rig...it cost a fortune for what it is!!!!

58 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

So why would you not have another cross model?

These are not budget models, kinda middle of road price wise but when you see little bits of overspray on body i find myself thinking i could and have done better on a clear shell, also the factory put all Hex bolts in with some kind of power tool, very tight, you try to undo them at your own risk of chewing heads even when using top quality tools, on that note i cant get shocks of to check oil. My previous Cross the motor/transmission plate was broken at 2 out of 3 mounting holes by factory, this is just my findings with the brand but TBH i have had better QC with FTX and the like so will be last cross i buy...........on the positive side i really do like the Unimog version i now have its a beast huge for 1/10th, despite my reputation for not keeping some models too long i will keep this one and put up with some minor niggles  

• Like 1