• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fastrax Motor Mount to Hobbywing Justock Motor??? Tamiya build

iForest

So after a sabbatical from the hobby I’m picking it up again with  Tamiya SR build.

I have a fastrax (and yeah racing motor mount which does not fit to the motor) and I can see from the Tamiya manual you have to fit the motor to mount a certain way depending on the pinion gear. However, the Fastrax mount comes with no manual at all.  Do I have to fit the bolts in a certain position aside from getting a nice fit in the gearing?

Thanks for all help offered

It's adjustable so the motor rotates so you have a wider range of pinions to pick from. 

The bottom screw is static however the top screw rotated across the red line. 

Here's a link to a video that will show you how to mesh it. 

Screenshot_20231104_193917_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you.

unfortunately I need to change the chassis having built most of it. Won’t be using blue loctite again, After threading a bolt halfway and leaving it for a minute I ended up stripping the bolt, drilling it out did not go so well… 😅

Purple is what you need on 1/10 scale stuff, if you had a pen blow torch a little bit of heat would have softened the loctite and the bolt would have come back out

something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364344800109?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=feeoku-ssv6&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=MRHag3XmRgm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by wolfie1

On 07/11/2023 at 09:51, wolfie1 said:

Purple is what you need on 1/10 scale stuff, if you had a pen blow torch a little bit of heat would have softened the loctite and the bolt would have come back out

something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364344800109?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=feeoku-ssv6&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=MRHag3XmRgm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Nice one. I did use a hair dryer thinking it would do just that but even on the hottest setting after a couple minutes it wouldn’t budge. 

I think it was that I used purple before on 1/8 scale and it didn’t really seem to do too much so I bought the blue. And then having not done anything with the red stuff after 18 months came back to it and just used the blue; but you’re right it’s definitely too good for 1/10 scale.