• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipo brands

wolfie1

Hi, i am seeing many types of brands and prices of lipo batteries, me as im not a racer am not really bothered about the lightest or a fraction of a second faster does it really matter the brand i buy, when i bought my most recent model i got a couple of 5300mah batteries and was slightly disappointed with the run time as i thought i would get longer, after trawling the internet i have found some batteries the right size to fit in 8000mah, my charger is a traxxas 1 and should charge this albeit slower? But has anyone had any experience with the brand, they are ZEEE Batteries?

thanks

Edited by wolfie1

+1 for the Zeee . With a 5500 mah 2s i get 30 mins run time round a track with an hpi jumpshot sc and well over 4 hrs runtime in a rock crawler

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bajadre said:

have some Zee and ZOP lipos from amazon wolfie i rate them for the money tbh 👍 what runtimes you getting on those 5300mah?

About 25 minutes a pack, i did hope for nearer 40 mins

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bajadre said:

is that bashing brother? sounds about right i get 20mins on a 4500mah 4s  ZOP pack  in the truggy etc

Yea thats just blasting around aimlessly back and forth popping wheelies, is good fun though i have to admit 🙂
What did throw me was 2 hours from a 5000mah pack in my trx4

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 1

Ok so doing some research and thinking about this, i have decided that the cost of a bigger battery just isint worth it for me anyways, as 2X 5200mah batteries are available for £50 delivered so for what you would spent for 2 8000mah batteries you could get 4 5200mah and have about £20 change and more capacity and if i was to crash and destroy a battery its less of a loss. After reading review's on the dean’s connector on the zeee batteries melting on a lot of runs this is slightly concerning so was looking at goldbat, they are cheap, have similar reviews  but without the plugs melting on them, anyone have and experience on these?

• Like 2

Goldbat are decent as well 

I use Zeee,Sunpadow and Goldbat amongst others but if they come with deans connectors i change them to XT90's

Only time weve had a deans melt was in Yrkoons 1/8 Kronos 

Edited by Stormbringer

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

I use Zeee,Sunpadow and Goldbat amongst others but if they come with deans connectors i change them to XT90's

Thanks, i am only running 3s so hopefully wont be a problem with the deans, its what the car came with attached

• Like 2

run deans on 4s packs never had any problems etc i wouldnt risk them on a 6s brick though just beware theres a lot of fake deans connectors about though 👍

with you on more packs wolfie used to buy 6s packs but when they fail it sucks 😢so i only 2 x 3s packs now at least if one fails i only need to buy another to make a pair

So this is potentially a win from a fail, ordered the 2 5200 mah goldbats from amazon, turned up today and there was only 1 in the packet, after a bit of explaining  with Amazon they said they would just refund me for the batteries and i wouldnt need to send the 1 that arrived back,, so went to go buy another battery the same but coulnd find anymore of the same c rating, hard case and a deans connector so had an epiphany and added another £10 to the refund and got an 8000mah arriving tomorrow now, so thats an 8000mah battery for £35! 🤭

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 2

Coincidentally I came here looking for Zee reviews after randomly pulling the trigger on a 5200 2S 80C. It’s good to see they are rated as “good” by you guys. I’ve read the C ratings on these cheaper lipos are like the recent VW emissions scandals but at £17 delivered it was worth a roll of the dice. 

• Like 2

On 16/05/2023 at 12:27, Stormbringer said:

That's because you are putting too much ampage for deans the are only 30amp more 1/10 connector 

• Like 1

zee are awesome as dad (stormbringer has said) the only weird thing i had was charging a sunpadow i think, the charger would alert to me to something and say fully charged but it wasnt so i restart and the charger charges a bit more then all good 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1

On 21/05/2023 at 00:06, Gampla said:

That's because you are putting too much ampage for deans the are only 30amp more 1/10 connector 

yeh thats exactly what happened on 4s with 2 2s batteries on a very hot summer day, we changed all our 8 scales to xt90 after that.

the deans connectors fused on one of the conections with melted plastic a bit lol

xt90 for any thing bigger than 10 scale now 🙂

• Like 1

I have 1 3s 8000mah zeee battery with a deans on it, on Wednesday it was hot here and ran the battery to flat just going back and forth flat out on grass and it was fine if its pf any help to you, i did the same on a 5200mah goldbat and it was fine too

• Like 1