• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My TT02 Content ( R vs SRX)

Kpowell911

5 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

WOW!!

What, you didn't paint to that standard? 😛

Fired the guy a message, lets see where that leads. Also asked in the club now if someone's willing to cut and maybe paint it (as dumb as i am, i only just now realised that i should ask there too). 

Small update (last post on that matter, sorry) - the guy got back to me, shell painted and cut around 100 euros (plus shipping there and back, probably another £20-£30). Cheapest offer so far, but not immensely far off what i'd pay in the UK (especially considering potential VAT charges/duty if declared as gift). The one thing that makes me consider it though, is this.

xmFOcZo.png

If he can actually replicate Midnight Purple, i might just bite the bullet.

• Like 1

R32 would be Gun Grey Metallic for me, R33 Midnight Purple, R34 Silver. Bayside Blue is okay, Millenium Jade is hideous to me. 

You gotta keep in mind though, my shell isn't a GTR. 😉

On 14/05/2023 at 12:14, m4inbrain said:

R32 would be Gun Grey Metallic for me, R33 Midnight Purple, R34 Silver. Bayside Blue is okay, Millenium Jade is hideous to me. 

You gotta keep in mind though, my shell isn't a GTR. 😉

Silver for a Z Tune R34 🥰🥰🥰

It appears I need a GTR shell, I have an idea 🤔

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Silver for a Z Tune R34 🥰🥰🥰

It appears I need a GTR shell, I have an idea 🤔

Lolz i actually thought the same, but wouldn't really be appropriate on a drifter. I'm sure there's people who would, but if i had an R34 GT-R, i'd probably find something less valuable to slide around a bit. 😄

19 minutes ago, Shergar said:

How quick was it on the brushed motor?

GPS was dead but suprisingly fast. These seem very powerful for 23T motors. Ill more then likely put the brushless out the SRX in the R at one point for a run. Ill GPS it next time. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shergar said:

I have read these motors are particularly good, and finely tuned but its nice have a real world example 👍 

For ripping round a car park the 23T brushed was suprisingly fast. Doubt Id want anything more in a TT-02 but I do need to use the new Hobbywing Set Up

• Thanks 1

So decided to see how fast the TT02R was. 

Set up is a 1060 ESC, Superstock RZ motor (23t) and a 2S Lipo. Im running a 22t Pinion.  Im also on Rally Blocks which arent ideal. Because Lancia Delta

w5Aj2aF.jpeg

Obviously I done the speed run on a smooth car park, not the above gravel......

I also removed the wing because it broke after one roll over. 

lcnxKgm.jpeg

End result was 25mph

GzAM1fL.png

I then spent the next 25 mins hooning about in the gravel and even getting some air time. Motor wasnt too hot after this so Im going to gear up quite a lot (27t) and go again. Then it may be brushless time 🙂

Really enjoyed that peaceful little hoon. Even if I forgot it was half term and the kids were off.....

• Like 3

I actually thought it might be quicker, but then rally blocks must add drag? Still thats a fair speed for a square box in 2S, appreciate the speed testing 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shergar said:

I actually thought it might be quicker, but then rally blocks must add drag? Still thats a fair speed for a square box in 2S, appreciate the speed testing 👍

I think its under geared. Ill try again in the week with a bigger pinion. I think this has the high speed gear set, so may be able to gear 27/64

Truth be told it dont need to be any quicker. Weve been ruined by 60mph RTRs. This was just as much fun. Or Im getting old. 

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Haha 1

So rather than steal parts of my SRX I decided to leave as is and order new parts. I ordered an RW 27t Pinion, in hindsight I should have got a 26 or 28 in order to have some options as the SRX has a 27 but hey. 

Also, the steering is horrific. Everyone says this about TT's but it shows how little Ive used them as this is maybe my 10th TT-01/02 and Ive never know this to be an issue. Its sloppy and doesnt return to centre. I have the "upgraded" servo saver on my SRX but wanted to leave that there. I see people glue the stock servo saver (so you dont have one) so thought Ill just try a metal servo horn. Amazon got me 5 for around 5 quid delivered within 24 hours. Not condoning this, as you obviously risk breaking a servo (hence the word Saver) however it is what it is. The angles not great but it appears to work ok so itll do for now. 

ZJBrVCF.jpeg

ezVjpdM.jpeg

vP6BUqh.jpeg

When the pinion arrives Ill give it another run

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

A thread revival but I have been reading this thread with interest and I'm impressed with how good those SuperStock motors perform.

I have a few brand new SuperStock BZ, TZ, RZ and GT Tuned motors just sitting in boxes however, after following this thread I've just sourced and purchased a new Tamyia 47326 TT-02R Chassis Kit.

Time to hunt down the Tamiya TT-02 Adjustable Upper Arm Set to make that suspension adjustable... I feel a Skyline 2000GT vibe coming with perhaps some drift tyres? 🤘

• Like 1