• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New/old member thinking about getting in RC again :)

MAZ

Do as I should of turned around and walked away 😆

spent so much on RC’s the last 2 months I can’t seem to stop buying them have 5 now can only use one at a time 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Do as I should of turned around and walked away 😆

spent so much on RC’s the last 2 months I can’t seem to stop buying them have 5 now can only use one at a time 🤣

I've just started in the hobby, less than a year, and I've got 3 RC cars, might be buying a fourth in the next few days, though I only really bought one of them, my Tamiya Rock Socker I was given or rather refunded the cost of because the kit was missing so many parts, my Hobao Hyper Cage Truggy was a spare one a mate had that he gave me, and my yet to be built Tamiya TT-02 SRX which I actually paid for.

I have spent a small fortune of parts, accessories, and upgrades though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grogg said:

I've just started in the hobby, less than a year, and I've got 3 RC cars, might be buying a fourth in the next few days, though I only really bought one of them, my Tamiya Rock Socker I was given or rather refunded the cost of because the kit was missing so many parts, my Hobao Hyper Cage Truggy was a spare one a mate had that he gave me, and my yet to be built Tamiya TT-02 SRX which I actually paid for.

I have spent a small fortune of parts, accessories, and upgrades though.

Brought all mine well the very latest one some whiskey was involved 🥴 the one and only time I drink I buy another RC 🤣 

but yes you’re right about spending a small fortune on accessories I’m not finished with my TRX4 yet not even looking at bits for the SCX6 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Brought all mine well the very latest one some whiskey was involved 🥴 the one and only time I drink I buy another RC 🤣 

but yes you’re right about spending a small fortune on accessories I’m not finished with my TRX4 yet not even looking at bits for the SCX6 🤣

Especially if you are building RCs from kits, ready to runs seem to be a lot cheaper for parts and to upgrade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grogg said:

Especially if you are building RCs from kits, ready to runs seem to be a lot cheaper for parts and to upgrade.

Not always believe me 🤣 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Not always believe me 🤣 

I'll guess I'll be finding out shortly, I've pretty much decided that I'm going to treat myself to a HPI Savage XL.  And I already know that it will need a steering servo upgrade, that's a minimum of £50.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, froggy8 said:

hey @MAZ welcome back bud, remember the hyper parts you bought off me? 😄 

Omg.. how many years ago was that??

And what the heck did I buy????

3 hours ago, MAZ said:

Omg.. how many years ago was that??

And what the heck did I buy????

i looked at my feedback last night and we did 3 or 4 deals 😄 

some people still buy rc from modelsport butnot sure where else though

• Like 1

Morning 🙂

just wanted to thank everyone for welcoming me back into the fray lol

Just some observations I've noticed so far..

Trying to find anywhere that stocks the ST Pro kit is proving quite difficult. The price for kit seems to have stayed the same somI guess thats okay..

Finding a motor and esc combo is also proving a bit difficult and pricey too

I've not even looked for lipo's yet..

I'll also need a charger too - literally everything got nicked from my garage so I really am having to start over again 🤦🏻‍♂️

first things first, buy the ST kit and start from there 🙂