• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New RC car under £400

Zen

Recently I have been scouring the internet for a new RC car. So far I have short listed the…

- ARRMA 4s Kraton BLX 4x4

- ARRMA 3s Typhon BLX  4x4

- ARRMA 3s Vorteks BLX 4x4

- Corally  4s  Radix XP SWB

As you can see they are mainly buggies and truggies.

If anybody had any suggestions to which one I should get or maybe a totally new car (around £400) 

Thanks

• Like 1

Team associated mt10 - don’t have any experience myself but look really durable and fun on YouTube and I think there’s a thread on here for em.

Ive got and old savage nitro that I scored for £150. Absolute tank and pulls wheelies even with a 12 year old nitro engine. I’m not an extreme basher by any means but it’s landed from about 8 foot onto one wheel and survived. If you’d wanna do nitro I would recommend 👍

image.thumb.jpeg.4ed1794487edf6c9914ce3addfce199d.jpeg8F2BE566-9CBC-4CE6-A2C0-996DF4D9A079.jpeg.fc4a04fe61ed487c38317199578cb765.jpeg

Thanks so much. After some more hours of surfing I think I might have found a winner. The Team Corally 6s Radix XP Buggy. I have heard great things about this car and watched some YouTube. It looks like it has tons of power and super bashable. I am mainly driving it in the woods but sometimes on the road so I think this is a perfect car.

Do you guys have anything to share about this car that I might not know.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Zen said:

Thanks so much. After some more hours of surfing I think I might have found a winner. The Team Corally 6s Radix XP Buggy. I have heard great things about this car and watched some YouTube. It looks like it has tons of power and super bashable. I am mainly driving it in the woods but sometimes on the road so I think this is a perfect car.

Thanks

It has 4 wheels, and contrary to it's name, it is not related to Microsoft Windows XP.

5 hours ago, Zen said:

Thanks

From what I've seen on other bashers, it's not as strong as others, metal chassis and bulk heads don't last on big air but few do. If its not extreme bashing you should be OK. 🙂

11 hours ago, Redback said:

From what I've seen on other bashers, it's not as strong as others, metal chassis and bulk heads don't last on big air but few do. If its not extreme bashing you should be OK. 🙂

The Corally Kronos gets a lot of really good reviews for a basher, in fact I don't think I've come across a bad review of it.

• Like 2

I’ll have a look, although I prefer more a buggy/ truggy look. Previously I had a Traxxas Rustler so I want to change it up a little. 

Hyper 7 is a nitro buggy but can be convertred to electric Whereas the Hyper VSe is a more modern take on the 7 and is electric

Both are good solid buggy's

If you prefer a truggy/stadium truck the Corally Shogun might interest you its same chassis as the Kronos but not an MT

• Like 2

It's nice to see Hobao's getting so much love.  I have the Hyper Cage Truggy, and it is by far my favourite RC and the one I use the most - I have 2 others one that runs but just needs the body shell painted and one still to start building, though I have a love hate relationship with it, it's tough as nails, I haven't broken or bent a single part on it, and I'm not exactly gentle with it, which I absolutely love, but I hate how the ''insides'' always get covered in dirt and a lot of it, no matter what conditions or terrain you ride it on, making it next to impossible to install a FPV camera inside it - not mounted to it's roof, or the front of it, but inside it's cage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...