• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TRX4 Tyres

Ive bought some alloy beadlocks for my TRX4 and now we need nee tyres as the stockers are glued and thats effort to remove.

Obviously these are stock

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-tires-canyon-trail-19-foam-inserts-2-421118

Cant really fault them, they slip a bit on dusty rocks, so is there a better a choice? Theres a fair few Hyrax ones but I dont know what to chose? I believe I want Predator compound over G8? What about Amazon cheapies? Ive heard good things about the below, but Id imagine tyres are the most important part of a crawler so dont wanna skrimp If its going to be worse than stock 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dilwe-Crawler-Rubber-Wheel-Sponge/dp/B08CVKRCC9/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1WJ0OS3YAYUUB&keywords=Crawler+1.9+tyres&qid=1677674791&refinements=p_76%3A419158031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&s=kids&sprefix=crawler+1.9+tyres%2Ctoys%2C80&sr=1-6

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1-9inch-110mm-Wheel-Crawler-Wheels/dp/B074SJHLY1/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1B0WENOUMLTA1&keywords=Crawler+1.9+tyres&qid=1677674851&refinements=p_76%3A419158031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&s=kids&sprefix=crawler+1.9+tyres%2Ctoys%2C83&sr=1-2

https://www.amazon.co.uk/XUNJIAJIE-1-9inch-120mm-Wheel-Insert/dp/B08ZKD522W/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1B0WENOUMLTA1&keywords=Crawler+1.9+tyres&qid=1677674851&refinements=p_76%3A419158031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&s=kids&sprefix=crawler+1.9+tyres%2Ctoys%2C83&sr=1-3\

Thanks

Edited by Kpowell911

my vote is for the canyons

in the tyres above 110mm tyres are to small the 120mm might be ok  prob best to measure the outside diameter of the originals

Canyons are good enough. 

Switched from Canyons to Hyrax G8 with Proline Dual Stage Foam, they are noticeably better - but not like night and day. The main thing is stability when at an angle, with dual stage foam the rubber doesn't fold over. Would certainly do it again, but isn't the cheapest route to take.

Predator compound is softer, which technically provides more grip, but my concern was that they won't last very long because they are very soft. If you crawl a lot (and in harsh terrain), i can see them tear/wear quickly. 

The question is, do you even need high end tyres. If you're mainly on trails, don't bother and go with Canyons as well as standard foam. If you run in rocks a lot, go with Hyrax G8 + good dual stage foam. They're just a bit of a pain to align well (it's two separate foams, the soft outer one goes into the rubber first, then a second smaller and pretty firm ring goes into that then, and you have to align it proper otherwise wheel wobble), but worth it if you go proper offroading. 

57 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Canyons are good enough. 

Switched from Canyons to Hyrax G8 with Proline Dual Stage Foam, they are noticeably better - but not like night and day. The main thing is stability when at an angle, with dual stage foam the rubber doesn't fold over. Would certainly do it again, but isn't the cheapest route to take.

Predator compound is softer, which technically provides more grip, but my concern was that they won't last very long because they are very soft. If you crawl a lot (and in harsh terrain), i can see them tear/wear quickly. 

The question is, do you even need high end tyres. If you're mainly on trails, don't bother and go with Canyons as well as standard foam. If you run in rocks a lot, go with Hyrax G8 + good dual stage foam. They're just a bit of a pain to align well (it's two separate foams, the soft outer one goes into the rubber first, then a second smaller and pretty firm ring goes into that then, and you have to align it proper otherwise wheel wobble), but worth it if you go proper offroading. 

Ill just get Canyons lol. 

Thanks guys

How tall are the tyres you're looking for? I have some spare Gmade MT1903s, which are really good, but could do with better foams. They are only 110mm, though. Don't know what size the Canyons are.

You're welcome to them.

1 hour ago, PraetoR said:

How tall are the tyres you're looking for? I have some spare Gmade MT1903s, which are really good, but could do with better foams. They are only 110mm, though. Don't know what size the Canyons are.

You're welcome to them.

Ive no idea. I didnt know there were different heights. I like Canyons so figure ill get some new ones. It brings my TL-01 bits order over £100 from MS so free postage ha

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1