• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Advice wanted

nrichardson31

Hello, need some advice here, sorry not sure where to post - I know NOTHING about RC...figure this could be the place to ask.  I'm looking for advice on creating a specific tool...

I have a flat roof and seagulls like to nest on it.  I figure I get an RC vehicle to control it and generally cause mayhem whenever they land

• Remote controlled vehicle
  • Not that fast - just enough to put on a charge at the gulls and see them off.  Better to be controllable so i dont fly it off the roof...
  • Camera - essential.  I need to see the buggers
  • Weather proof - this is scotland, it needs to be all weathers
  • Good standby life - mostly it'll just be sitting there ready to attack, if i had to take down 2-3 times a day to swap batteries, that'd be ok
  • Range - I'll never be more than 20-30 metres from it but it will be through a tin roof, could perhaps still an antenna out my window for line of site
  • Not mega expensive, decent kit though
  • Optional RC nerf gun (only joking...well...any options?)

So where would I start, is there a decent kit I could adapt and with what?  Any ideas would be great, otherwise it'll be an Amazon cheapie and hope it works.

• Like 1

Thanks for these suggestions.  The attack helicopter is an alluring idea but I reckon I would crash it within 10 or 20 seconds.  I think I'm leaning towards the tank, I'm assuming it will be reasonably easy to control - the turret function built-in is plus, so I can be on sentry duty with relatively little fuss.  It should patrol the roof easy enough.  I think it also sends the right message to the gulls - a tank is tank, it's a universal language.  I just want to mess with them, get in and about.  If it doesn't work at least the neighbours can say we took it seriously.  Any ideas for the video feed, are there any options off the shelf things - no worries with rigging up wireless signal, I'll get it up there.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1