• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My XRT

Kpowell911

51 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

Interested to see how you get on with it 👍 I'm trying my hardest not to buy one atm..!!

Probably wont be for a while, but here’s Kev’s video.

Edited by Kpowell911

6 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

I see he broke the wing mount almost instantly once he got to the skate park..!! 🤣😂

My Mrs mentioned it seemed flexible on mine,  not looked into it much, I vaguely remember seeing people having a 3d printed part that looked like it was a wing mount 🤷🏻‍♂️

Speed pinion included... nice 😉

As for the wing support... if you have a 3D Printer and some TPU, save ya-self some money. 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5676428

Can't comment on print quality....I started to print one earlier but my feed microswitch decided it was done for day, so didn't finish the print

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tomley RC said:

Speed pinion included... nice 😉

As for the wing support... if you have a 3D Printer and some TPU, save ya-self some money. 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5676428

Can't comment on print quality....I started to print one earlier but my feed microswitch decided it was done for day, so didn't finish the print

Ive not got access to one unfortunately but thank you for the link. TIts a shame @Paul Busbyis no longer active. His prints were epic!!

Edited by Kpowell911

Mrs had an early night and I found some old XT90s soooo

Out with the VXL 8S for eBay. 

8R6qgzm.jpeg

LOTS of ESC room, can see some big power XRTs in the future, theres already ones going 100mph+

LAU0vVg.jpeg

Very simple to work on, just like the X Maxx, however the body mechanism does get in the way, and the drop from the centre skid to the motor screws is quite deep now as its an LCG

dAXJ7xb.jpeg

The “V8” Motor

JulrCwt.jpeg

I dropped in the 46t Spur, and went to change the pinion and it was stuck on solid. Too late to mess about, I got the screw out easily enough but the pinion was stuck, so Im keeping the stock pinion (20T). 

That said, look at this. Brand new truck. The grub screw is rusty??

rdEvryj.jpeg

Anyway, back together, with the Max 6. Wiring could be neater but its only double sided taped down for now. Need to come up with something better/more secure. 

QbA8Ijv.jpeg

ESC slots in, no cutting or modifying etc needed. Motor wires drop in, no need for an extension. 

Turned it on and nothing…… turned out the TX/RX werent bound….. all sorted calibrated ready for its first run. Was hoping to get away with the 23/46 speed gearing as its so cold here, but could NOT get that pinion off!

• Like 1

I genuinely didnt wanna use this yet, but my Mrs pestered me to take it out…. You can guess how this ends:

With the X

TUQwRNo.jpeg

Qy3MwGn.jpeg

hTmgzAZ.jpeg

Bi3D6Ni.jpeg

qMlDUVa.jpeg

whjYlp6.jpeg

Truth be told it was a pointless exercise. I doubt it got above 30mph, I even re set the end points thinking it wasn’t set up right. However I think it was just spinning. 

Seemed like a big drifty truggy. I like but then my Mrs hit a tree head on and what Id say was 20/25mph. The end result was a shock to be honest. Even in -1c I didnt quite expect this. 

DphlBmt.jpg

quite a lot broke and nothin in stock….

• Sad 7

The Damage 😕

bJLlygP.jpeg

Never bent a driveshaft and this is my 6th X Maxx related Platform. This genuinely was a sub 30mph collision into an admitedly hard object. People (social media) seem to think Im downplaying it, and it was a big crash. but honestly if it was 25mph Id be shocked. I know I dont have a video but Im not hard on my RCs, how often do you see me post breakages? Obviously tempretures played a massive part in this. I think this is the list I need, most isnt even listed in the UK yet

G1fqe4E.png

• Sad 3