• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Traxxas trx4m owners thread

Gaz!

Gonna order the Traxxas 4m Ford F-150 end of month, as im waiting on a bodyshell to come in stock, do i get Brown, Blue or Black, will be removing the roll bar as i dont think it looks right, also i would like to remove the front super white lights and go with warm white but i gue ss i wont be able to do that

15 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

the light kit for my 4m landy is warm white for side lights and headlights

think its a different kit for the hi trail, also planning to drop the ride height a few mm but want to stick to stock wheels and tyres, may go for a brass link set to pop a bit of low weight

1 hour ago, Lone-wolf said:

Gonna order the Traxxas 4m Ford F-150 end of month, as im waiting on a bodyshell to come in stock, do i get Brown, Blue or Black, will be removing the roll bar as i dont think it looks right, also i would like to remove the front super white lights and go with warm white but i gue ss i wont be able to do that

If the LEDs in the F150 are similar to the Defender its a doddle (if you can solder). Bought plenty of 12v 3 and 5mm LEDs to replace the stock ones on most of my rigs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lone-wolf said:

Brown 👍

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Nice but cant help think the big 370 may be overkill it would for me

I don't think I'll put it in the tarantula or IR40. I use those just for crawling so I don't want any weight higher up. 

I take the Bronco out on the hills some times so the extra wheel speed may be beneficial. 

It still amuses me putting bigger motors in trucks, can't help it. 

5 minutes ago, steephill said:

I don't think I'll put it in the tarantula or IR40. I use those just for crawling so I don't want any weight higher up. 

I take the Bronco out on the hills some times so the extra wheel speed may be beneficial. 

It still amuses me putting bigger motors in trucks, can't help it. 

Might have to ask you about some left over stuff you may have when i get the F-150

I’ve got some INJORA shocks but not sure what ball joints go where and what the o rings are for. Could someone please post a picture so I can see what’s what?

15 minutes ago, TommyC said:

I’ve got some INJORA shocks but not sure what ball joints go where and what the o rings are for. Could someone please post a picture so I can see what’s what?

The o-rings go on the top and bottom of the hollow balls. So slide one on to the base, attach the shock then slide on the other o-ring. You see that one of the hollow balls are larger than the others, one fits in the top of the shock and the other in the lower. Not sure which one without pulling one to bits. 

IMG_20240425_134408

I don't always use the o-rings on the bottom of the shocks. They can become a little tight for my liking. 

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

Took out the injora jeep out for some trail driving. 

I have the hobbywing esc in this and the injora esc is far better. 

The drag brake is fairly nonexistent and it's pretty lumpy low down. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TommyC said:

I’ve got 6 of each of these 

IMG_2293.jpeg

Try placing them into the shock. One will fit nicely in the aluminium top cap and the other will press into the rod end on the shock shaft. 

The one on the left is slightly smaller and I’ve put this in the bottom of the shocks, as they’re slightly smaller than the tops, with o-rings. These just pushed in. Can’t get the other bits in the top though. Got them in the freezer at the moment to see if that helps!

on another note, anyone used these?

https://www.injora.com/products/injora-lcg-carbon-fiber-chassis-kit-frame-girder-for-1-18-trx4m

does all the stock stuff fit on there nice?

@TommyC I have one of those chassis shown in the link.

One of the hollow balls should push in to the top cap with very little force. 

I have a set of those shocks spare.  I'll open them up and have a look. 

Edited by steephill

9 minutes ago, steephill said:

@TommyC

One of the hollow balls should push in to the top cap with very little force. 

The ones I’ve put in the bottom take very little force. If I try those ones in the top they fall out they’re so loose.

just ordering one of those lcg chassis’ now along with some extended brass hubs and a light kit. Only want to bump an order up as I want one of their low profile servo’s for my tamiya. 

any excuse😂

• Haha 2