• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Traxxas trx4m owners thread

Gaz!

Wow, now you pair have gone and done it!! @Mr Brightside & @steephill, I'm wanting a tarantula now….. in that green too :insane: cannot afford it at the minute but thinking this could be my winter project but do i buy another rtr or just build it up from parts. I think the latter would be the favourite as you build it to your own spec.

if any of you trx4m guys have any bits you want to sell, pm me please, trying to build up a few spares to keep the kids going a while.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, steephill said:

IMG_20230713_113505IMG_20230713_113437

Added some stickers to break up the green. 

The brass beadlocks seem to make a big difference, crawls noticeably better. I'm usually not up for adding rotating mass. 

I'm also thinking of putting the furitek system in out of my bronco. 

That looks brilliant, nice work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Tumble wumble did it break anything? 

Did well on your home course tho :good:

No mate nothing broke. It had a good few rolls. My crawler course is mainly sandstone, so stuff does break. 

I've got a very steep line my lcg 1/10 rigs struggle. The little Trx4m tarantula gets down it the easiest of them all. I'm impressed. 

• Like 3

Are you guys still using the stock lipo’s or have you found a alternative??

i want to remove the stock esc/rx in favour of a Hobbywing quicrun 1625 and a Spektrum receiver.

the battery my lad uses is a Floureon 2s 1000mah and is a perfect fit but cannot find any of those for sale anymore, alternatively is there a patch lead available??

i just find myself going round in circles with my search… lmao

15 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

Are you guys still using the stock lipo’s or have you found a alternative??

i want to remove the stock esc/rx in favour of a Hobbywing quicrun 1625 and a Spektrum receiver.

the battery my lad uses is a Floureon 2s 1000mah and is a perfect fit but cannot find any of those for sale anymore, alternatively is there a patch lead available??

i just find myself going round in circles with my search… lmao

There is a adaptor to let you run the stock ESC and balance charge the lipos using a normal charger. Have a look of the TRX4M Facebook pages. 

I'm running these - https://chinahobbyline.com/collections/uk-warehouse/products/cnhl-ministar-series-850mah-7-4v-2s-70c-lipo-battery-with-xt30-plug?_pos=12&_fid=fce426781&_ss=c

They are a direct drop in, unfortunately only available at the global warehouse currently.