• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LC Racing BHC-1 1/14 2WD Buggy

53HRA

33 minutes ago, SWF said:

They’re still showing as “expected 20th” and not had a balance payment request, so not available yet.

Maybe later today?

Maybe contact them?

Edited by Alex97

3 hours ago, SWF said:

Still not heard anything, but spotted this which means they won’t be long, fingers crossed!

They have arrived in the UK however they are waiting to clear customs. Hopefully if they arrive tomorrow to then they can get the orders out for delivery on Christmas Eve. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 14:36, Alex97 said:

I'm going with a 16BL30 with a 2845 5900kv motor, looking at what a lot of the guys are running in mini B classes the hotter motors seem to be more popular. 

maybe i should list the 16bl30 and small brushless motor i bought for my wltoys but never used

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SWF said:

They’re in stock now, hope to see mine between Christmas and New Year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone

I've collected mine this evening, that's my Christmas day sorted. Top service from DMS 10/10

after having a quick look through the manual it's a massive step over over the 1/14 buggy. Although they haven't released a list of upgrades on the setup sheet they state...

• carbon fibre front and rear shock towers
  • Anti roll bar
  • Aluminium front bulk head (brass would be better as you usually want to add more weight upfront) 
  • Aluminium rear hubs and front casters 
  • Metal steering assembly
  • HD out drives (same as the other cars)
  • Aluminium rear arm mounts (both sides) 

They've definitely put a lot of work into this little car to give it features of a 1/10 buggy (that's about 3 times the price). I'm looking forward to the build 

Edited by Alex97
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MrCake said:

Hopefully parts will be available soon with pricing.  Still not sure whether to go the RTR route and just get the updated motor mount to make it brushless.  

Wait for the kit, early January if you missed out on this batch. 

I believe spares have arrived however their priority was shipping kits. 

• 2 weeks later...

Put in pre order on kit, now need to search for spare castle cm26 motor an mongoose 380 sensored system.

• Like 1

Anyone built theirs yet?

I have the lc12B1, built as a truggy, and an EMB truggy, built as a speed run car, though ive lost the enthusiasm for that now, might just switch it back to a truggy.

I love building kits, and the few kits amongst the sea of RTRs are usually very expensive, so i do like the LC racing stuff. I'd only it for bashing though, so i wonder how much use i'd get out of the little RWD buggy. anyone run theirs yet? outside of racing?

Thanks

39 minutes ago, champ222 said:

Anyone built theirs yet?

I have the lc12B1, built as a truggy, and an EMB truggy, built as a speed run car, though ive lost the enthusiasm for that now, might just switch it back to a truggy.

I love building kits, and the few kits amongst the sea of RTRs are usually very expensive, so i do like the LC racing stuff. I'd only it for bashing though, so i wonder how much use i'd get out of the little RWD buggy. anyone run theirs yet? outside of racing?

Thanks

I've got a build thread in the buggy section. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, champ222 said:

looks like a nice kit. shame the lipos i already have for the other LC racing cars dont fit, they are too long at 85mm.... maybe i could print something... hmmmm... i'll have a think

Some one has already cut away at the side rails so that a larger battery will fit. You loose the adjustability however your existing lipos will fit, the side rails are only a few pounds each so I wouldn't be too worried about cutting one up. 

30 minutes ago, MrCake said:

To maybe save others from asking DMS, the 2nd batch are being shipped to them soon and are going by airmail.  Quicker than boat, and they should have them before the end of this month.

China shuts down around the 12th January for Chinese new year for 14 days so hopefully they ship before then. 

• 3 weeks later...