• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Silver can budget rally build off

Cuiken

31 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

Glad someone went for the HPI so we can see how well it can be set up for rally. Does this one come mostly assembled as a roller or is it a kit of bits you’ll need to put together?

yeah thought I’d try one out 👍🏻 I almost went with an FTX Banzai but changed my mind at the last min, might still pick a used one up later. 

It’s a prebuilt chassis but I’ll be stripping the diffs and and checking over etc before I start on it .

How ya getting on with ya XV?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tomr said:

How ya getting on with ya XV?

Slowly. The wife’s 36 and a bit weeks pregnant now so looking after her and the two kids is taking up most of my time outside of work. For some reason I seem to be spending quite a bit of my leftover  “free” time just sitting on the sofa now rather than getting on with the build. 🤔

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

Slowly. The wife’s 36 and a bit weeks pregnant now so looking after her and the two kids is taking up most of my time outside of work. For some reason I seem to be spending quite a bit of my leftover  “free” time just sitting on the sofa now rather than getting on with the build. 🤔

Orh man! You’ve got ya hands full no wonder ya chilling on the sofa, my youngest has not long turned 17 so I’m well past those crazy but good times .

Hope all goes well for you and yours mate 👍🏻 and don’t worry we’ll not mark you down for any baby food on ya build 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Never realised how cheap the creator kits were! I appreciate they need everything but still

Only had a quick look but so far seems a good quality chassis although it doesn’t have any turnbuckles.If I can get away with using the stock shocks for rallying it should be a cheap-ish build .

• Like 1

Im a bit skeptical as theres no feedback, I know it needs work but its a Snap On one apparently. If it comes with the box (thats in one of the photos?) I think Ive done well

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385100964393

We will see if it turns up mind. I used a credit card in case

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Im a bit skeptical as theres no feedback, I know it needs work but its a Snap On one apparently. If it comes with the box (thats in one of the photos?) I think Ive done well

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385100964393

We will see if it turns up mind. I used a credit card in case

Technically outside of the rules for this budget build but forgetting that for the min,  it does looks in decent nic from the pics.  I can see it needs a spur gear, possibly the cover and an rx lid, if the leccys are working then that’s a  good price for a Traxxas rally, the cheapest one I’ve seen by far👍🏻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomr said:

Technically outside of the rules for this budget build but forgetting that for the min,  it does looks in decent nic from the pics.  I can see it needs a spur gear, possibly the cover and an rx lid, if the leccys are working then that’s a  good price for a Traxxas rally, the cheapest one I’ve seen by far👍🏻

Especially a Snap On one! We will see what happens, if it turns up. 

I know its outside the rules, I was semi joking with this post haha. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomr said:

Nice 👍🏻 Got me looking at them now 😂

They seem to sell for decent money. The Snap On ones especially BUT this ones used which people dont seem to do with Snap Ons. I took a punt, the radio/battery/charger/esc/motor will be sold and Ill build something nice eventually

• Like 2

some good things going on in this thread, and the HPI chassis is showing a lot of promise, i no longer have a rally car, the strada sold on fleabay today, some one got a bargain, but i should not of got it in first place as no real place to run it, and TBH its just boring doing this on ya own

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

some good things going on in this thread, and the HPI chassis is showing a lot of promise, i no longer have a rally car, the strada sold on fleabay today, some one got a bargain, but i should not of got it in first place as no real place to run it, and TBH its just boring doing this on ya own

Im in such an awkward position. My mrs adores coming out with me, but I prefer bashing alone

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Maybe have a break from RC cars and get into your planes more for a bit? Maybe RC Cars has got a bit stale for you?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Maybe have a break from RC cars and get into your planes more for a bit? Maybe RC Cars has got a bit stale for you?

The trouble with forums, a person will post something and another will read so much into it and get it wrong, what it boils down to is i like and enjoy crawling and trail driving, that branch of the hobby you were never going to get lol, i go on my own, with my lass and sometimes i meet up with local group for an event, i just find bashers and tarmac cars boring, run one pack and then done. any way said my bit lets leave it at that