• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I'm a massive Hypocrite..... let me explain....

Kpowell911

The easiest way to lose overall weight is to remove the roof rack, spare tyre, jack and cans off the back and remove fenders/flares which helps bring the cog down also.

But then it doesn't look as good and fills up with debris easily. 

Otherwise lots of brass available for various axle parts to add weight low down - but maybe not a good idea if you're looking to send it over big jumps on 3s! 

11 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

This is gonna get pricey 😅

Very quickly, but the outlay for closed cells is worth it for performance too, singlestage in the back 2 stage at the front to grab and lift over.
Trx4 tires are great can also be sniped easily for better rock performance, some gmade beadlocks are good but as said metal ones do wonders for keeping it planted with the heavy body.
It really is a do everything truck and the first one i hand to friends to use although expensive body usally takes the beating, its much less likely to break than any other crawler, trail truck.
Stock servos lasted a decent time too, still running the stock one for over 2 years.
Were's this bash spot? Highly reccommend habberly valley, burton dasset and lickey hills for the trx4, it would love the rocks 😄 and be fairly close to you.

1 hour ago, Redback said:

Very quickly, but the outlay for closed cells is worth it for performance too, singlestage in the back 2 stage at the front to grab and lift over.
Trx4 tires are great can also be sniped easily for better rock performance, some gmade beadlocks are good but as said metal ones do wonders for keeping it planted with the heavy body.
It really is a do everything truck and the first one i hand to friends to use although expensive body usally takes the beating, its much less likely to break than any other crawler, trail truck.
Stock servos lasted a decent time too, still running the stock one for over 2 years.
Were's this bash spot? Highly reccommend habberly valley, burton dasset and lickey hills for the trx4, it would love the rocks 😄 and be fairly close to you.

That bash spot is a mile from where I live now with my Mrs in Allesley Village.. However, Im originally from very close to Lickey Hills and Clent, so sure we will go up there. We sometimes go up Burton Dasset for walks so sure itll go up there with it. 

Honestly though guys, the 2 speed makes this for me. I coudlnt fathom owning anything ‘slower’, but cant wait to try 3S, possibly with a 1080 ESC too

• Like 1

On 13/02/2022 at 21:28, Kpowell911 said:

That bash spot is a mile from where I live now with my Mrs in Allesley Village.. However, Im originally from very close to Lickey Hills and Clent, so sure we will go up there. We sometimes go up Burton Dasset for walks so sure itll go up there with it. 

Honestly though guys, the 2 speed makes this for me. I coudlnt fathom owning anything ‘slower’, but cant wait to try 3S, possibly with a 1080 ESC too

My Hobao DC1 has 2 speed like your TRX4, but the ratio`s are very close together

dc1.JPG

1 hour ago, Redback said:

Awesome! Did it like the rocks?
Theres a club meet there this sunday 27th with MRCC maybe i'll see you there.

Im an amateur and its box stock, seemed to perform incredibly, other than the high COG. 

Im working away for the next two months, Ive got few things to sort out (financially)  but then I think Im gonna do an upgrade splurge on this, and maybe sell 4/5 trucks. Think itll be worth it. Brushless and some brass

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Im an amateur and its box stock, seemed to perform incredibly, other than the high COG. 

Im working away for the next two months, Ive got few things to sort out (financially)  but then I think Im gonna do an upgrade splurge on this, and maybe sell 4/5 trucks. Think itll be worth it. Brushless and some brass

So my trx4 is stock besides the axe system and alloy wheels and it sure does suffer from bad COG mainly due to the portals i feel, If i was going to splurge, id get the brass portal covers on all 4 corners to start with and maybe a metal front axle to pull the front down as it a bit on the light side and likes to tip backwars on hard inclines. Also front overdrive gears to get that extra bite and help pulling it up and around corners.
Its not worth putting 2 grand into but a few select bits can transform a truck.

Edited by Redback

14 minutes ago, Redback said:

So my trx4 is stock besides the axe system and alloy wheels and it sure does suffer from bad COG mainly due to the portals i feel, If i was going to splurge, id get the brass portal covers on all 4 corners to start with and maybe a metal front axle to pull the front down as it a bit on the light side and likes to tip backwars on hard inclines. Also front overdrive gears to get that extra bite and help pulling it up and around corners.
Its not worth putting 2 grand into but a few select bits can transform a truck.

Oh yea, was just gonna be the brushless system and some brass, nothing crazy. Id like the light kit, but pointless if we’re changing the ESC.

Im enjoying crawling a ridiculous amount more than expected, I really am, but for all the fancy stuff thats possible, not to sound crude, in my limited experience power is the answer. The Rustler 4x4 we run got up most the trials we went on just by being fast?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Oh yea, was just gonna be the brushless system and some brass, nothing crazy. Id like the light kit, but pointless if we’re changing the ESC.

Im enjoying crawling a ridiculous amount more than expected, I really am, but for all the fancy stuff thats possible, not to sound crude, in my limited experience power is the answer. The Rustler 4x4 we run got up most the trials we went on just by being fast?

You know at some point your gonna want a second crawler, maybe keep the TRX4 fairly stock and buy a second crawler that is low COG to start with, my Carisma  Ford F-150 has a pretty low COG and performs well as a result

F-150.JPG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Redback said:

Awesome! Did it like the rocks?
Theres a club meet there this sunday 27th with MRCC maybe i'll see you there.

say hello do mr. Dudley for me please mate, not seem him since covid hit. :cheers:

just get as much weight over/on that front axle, whether it be wheels, weights whatever, that WILL transform it massively!

@Redback, im not a million miles away from 2k into mine, (would have been with the winch/controller etc.) and I DO think it’s money well spent. There’s very little it can’t do and as I’ve said before, I’m the only weak bit left…..

I have the axe system in mine and on 3s it does donuts in second gear, lmao.

glad to see your starting to get into it a bit now and if I’m honest, you’d be disappointed if you didn’t buy another when/if the time comes. :good:

• Like 1

Just popping in to say "lol". 

Reminds me very much of me, not understanding crawlers until i got the TRX4 back then - and now i'm a few grand deep. Be careful, as much as you think "yeah not gonna overdo it" - you will eventually if you're not careful. 😄

Glad you enjoy crawling, you started it the right way if i read that correctly too with your partner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, m4inbrain said:

Just popping in to say "lol". 

Reminds me very much of me, not understanding crawlers until i got the TRX4 back then - and now i'm a few grand deep. Be careful, as much as you think "yeah not gonna overdo it" - you will eventually if you're not careful. 😄

Glad you enjoy crawling, you started it the right way if i read that correctly too with your partner. 

Yea its her fault, Id definitely have not bothered without her, and definitely not if it wasnt a Traxxas. Does help we can split the costs of upgrades etc.

XMaxx is still CONSIDERABLY the best RC IMO, even if its not as photogenic as the TRX

• Like 1

I don't disagree - just because steak is my favourite meat doesn't mean that chicken isn't great either. 😄

Love my X-Maxx to bits, probably the main reason why i'm still into RCs - but every now and then i need something to mix it up, and Crawlers are great for that especially around here where there's more trails/cliffs/hills/beaches than bash spots for the X-Maxx. Good to see  you come around to "slowly going over sticks". 

• Like 1