• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you get from your lhs today?

Hell horn.

That's a shame dude. One thing I always did with my dad was visit the lhs and have a look about and get something new to play with. But that's like 30 plus years ago now. So it's changed a bit since then lol 

I remember visiting beaties as a child but that’s long gone of course.

We did have one model shop that was mostly plane stuff but they were good for servos and paints and a few ground things (actually where I got my original savage ss from) but went to pop in one day a few years back and it was just gone. 

• Sad 1

Model Shop Leeds is a fabulous place.....not that much in the way of rc cars...they do sell them but, not many spares available.

Often use them for paint,masking & stuff. Having said that,, I've recently bought a big Billing boats kit from them....many mths of work there to keep me busy!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Im impressed your LHS still has Tsais and Lunsford TMaxx parts in stock in the UK

DMS racing in watford, literally a ten minute walk from my house. Ive bought a few bits from there, its the old stock im eating up before anyone else does, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately there isn't a true hobby shop in a decent distance of me...
There's a guy that sells some R/C's not too far away but heard a couple not great things said and there isn't much of a range that's relevant to me... There was a decent shop about 20miles away a few years back but the guys wife became ill and they closed.

• Sad 1

Its such a shame that the old school hobby shop doesn't really exist anymore. For most of us anyway. 

I have a small shop in Gloucester that's OK Friendly staff. Small range if low to mid level stuff. Same.  The shop in Cheltenham is generally a no go. Crap shop run by idiots when it comes to cars. Both myself and my dad did some work there years ago.  It's gone down hill for years and years. Now I wouldn't even step foot inside it. 

We had one years go in evesham going back 20 years now. Was a brilliant little shop. Long gone now I believe 

I remember spending hours in model shops with my dad years ago. Looking at all the stuff and chatting to the guys working there about all the cars they had. And what to get.

My little one is about old enough now to want his own car. And I'd love to take him to a hobby shop and let him look around and pick something just like I did at his age. But it just doesn't work any more that way.  But that's life I guess. Off to modelsport it is when he wants something